xix

" 더 깊은 음악 속에 널 느껴봐 "
feel yourself in the deep music

" 더 깊은 음악 속에 널 느껴봐 "feel yourself in the deep music

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

rocky's rap filled the busy clubroom, as a matter of fact, he did it so easily without breaking a sweat or ended up losing his breath. he was that stable.

minhyung had learnt that the entertainment club was open for those who have talent (or interested in learning) in either singing, dancing, rapping, or whatever that goes with it or even a combination of two or more of them. so every time he went straight to the clubroom after school ends, a number of his club-mates would gather together, but separated by groups, which are, of course, the dancers, singers and rappers.

though now, rocky became minhyung's mentor in terms of rapping. and his teachings and tactics were perfectly understood by the prince. they also became close thanks to their so-called consistent rapping classes during free time, specifically after school hours. this led him to befriend the others in the club too, which was nothing but fun.

he learnt a lot about rocky too, the guy was really famous among high school students, even outside of school. he was well-known on the internet too, constantly posting videos or short clips of himself rapping. minhyung wanted to so badly turn out like him, looking so free and enjoying his life by pursuing his passion. it contrasted so much with the prince's previous life, stuck in the castle being forced to learn about politics and manners as a royalty, knowing one day he would have to be responsible for taking over as a king. he didn't want that life. so he might as well learn to adapt more in this world.

minhyung had a hard time mastering the art of rapping for the first day or two, but he was getting the hang of it. his friends, jaemin, hyuck and the others who knew about his newfound resolution were also supportive, driving him to keep trying his best to seek his true dreams.

back to present time, the duo, both minhyung and rocky were taking a short break, chatting at the corner of the clubroom. they were sharing rocky's wafer bites (which, to minhyung, was very very very very very good) until an importnt topic was suddenly brought up.

"minhyung, don't you have a nickname? or a pen name?"

"a pen name?" the prince raised a brow.

"yeah, you know, a name you create but it's not your real name? something like that,"

"what? like 'rocky'?"

"yeah, exactly,"

"why should i have one?"

rocky blinked. "uh, you know, 'cause it's cool, and like most rappers have pen names, like b.i, bobby, rapmon, g-dragon," he listed down. "so, you should have one too, i mean, it's just a suggestion,"

"oh, i'll think about that," minhyung nodded, once again discovering a new term.

"well, thanks again for today. bye!" after club hours, minhyung would exit the building and headed towards the convenience store, precisely to see doyoung. another recent routine he had was that he would meet doyoung at the store around late evening, the time where doyoung would end his shift, and the two would walk back to the elder's apartment together. minhyung finally knew that an apartment was built for a huge number of residents by separating rooms, not just for one.

just as doyoung had promised too, he helped the younger to get a job. minhyung had enrolled as a waiter at a café  nearby, maybe around a stone's throw away from where he and doyoung lived. though the only available shifts were around 9pm to 11:pm, so he had to be busy then. it was fine to him though, he deeply enjoyed this kind of life.

it was a thursday night, the time was 11:30pm then, minhyung had just finished his shower, changing into a comfortable pair of pajamas he borrowed from doyoung. he was sprawled out on the couch in the living room, eyes going through his chemistry pocket notes fully written by jaemin for him (because, again, he was an angel with a pure heart). after some time he gave up studying and stared up at the ceiling, having thoughts on something else instead.

doyoung came from his room and reached for the remote control on the coffee table, switching the tv on and flipping through channels. minhyung had thought that televisions were really cool.

"hyung," he called. "i think i need a pen name,"

"for what?"

"for.. i don't know, to make myself look.. what's that word? cool?"

"pen names don't necessarily make people look cool,"

"i don't know.. it applies.. to some rappers? maybe?"

"fine. a pen name, huh?... min? minmin? wait, find something different than your name," doyoung hummed, thinking. "you look like a bob— oh, no, no! i know a good one!" he snapped his finger excitedly.

"hubert!!"

"no!!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱