xlii

" you know 계속 걸어 빛 따라서 우린 "
you know, we will always walk, following the star

" you know 계속 걸어 빛 따라서 우린 "you know, we will always walk, following the star

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

(just so you know, this happened the day when the others were looking for mark ddddd—)

was everything just a mere dream in the end?

it all happened so fast. he was walking down the streets to the café where he worked, then his vision blacked out.

when he woke up, he was lying in bed in his bedroom. not the one in doyoung's apartment. like really, in his room. his luxurious room in a castle in the middle of the kingdom.

maybe it was just a dream. his mind was playing tricks on him. he rubbed his eyes, pinched his arm a few times, hit his head with his hands, but no, he was back to how he looked like, wearing his royal clothes and everything was actually real.

those days with haneul, donghyuck, jeno, jaemin, renjun, chenle.. everyone. was that all in his head?

tears pooled in his eyes, his vision became blurry. he couldn't accept the fact just like that. yeah, maybe he was supposed to be happy that he was back to where he belongs, but this wasn't home, as much as it was.

he wanted to be with haneul and the rest of her friends. his real friends.

and haneul. he left her.

he was supposed to go to that space exhibition with her. and now her tickets were put to waste.

"daegam,"

a figure entered the room, dismissing his thoughts. the prince's head snapped towards the door where the other man stood. it was his butler, qian kun.

"you're getting late for breakfast,"

"oh.." mark looked down on his lap. he felt hopeless, what else could he do to go back to them? how he entered the other world was by luck and only a miracle. it can't possibly happen ever again.

he got out of bed and followed the other.

mark lee was no more. mark was just a silly fantasy in his dreams.

he was back to becoming known as prince lee minhyung.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

(back to present time)

"happy birthday, lele!!" jaemin greeted first, pinching the younger's cheeks. "you're all grown up now! awww!"

"we brought presents too! and snacks, and renjun's psp. just in case,"

"holy cow, did your house got bigger?" hyuck stared up at the big mansion, his eyes sparkling.

"i don't.. think so?" chenle shrugged, inviting his friends to come inside. "we're going to the rooftop though. everything's been set up there for us to enjoy the night,"

they entered the house together, heading straight to the rooftop where the place was nicely adorned with party-themed decorations. it was a perfect place, the breeze hit their faces and the night skies were stretched out in front of their eyes. the rooftop was even completed with a pool at the corner.

they spent the first few hours having fun, playing games, singing ridiculous birthday songs, getting full over chicken wings and pizza and barbecue. jeno brought his speakers so that they could play random dance to boppy songs by groups such as red velvet and exo.

"okayy! it's time for the surprise cake. chenle, close your eyes!" donghyuck grinned, though having an evil plan of his own. the others knew it of course, but they made a deal that everything was to be blamed on hyuck if the plan backfired.

the birthday boy complied. haneul had blindfolded him and he was dragged to a spot.

donghyuck held the cake in front of his eyes. "alrighty, you're gonna guess what flavour i picked out, okay? no peeking!"

"kay!" chenle nodded.

"three.. two.... one!"

everyone bursted into laughter when chenle's face was smacked by the cake. and as if it wasn't enough, hyuck pushed him hard enough so that he fell into the pool, officially becoming the gag of the year.

"i'm gonna kill you!!" chenle climbed out of the pool and chased the other, a smile on his face nonetheless. everyone continued to enjoy the joy-filled night until they were tired, sitting in the middle of the rooftop while stargazing together despite passing midnight already.

"i'm gonna go dry myself with a towel. be right back," chenle excused himself before walking inside, digging through the racks for a towel.

he heard the faint sound of doorbell coming from downstairs, signalling a guest. a minute or two later, him mom called for him.

"chenle! someone at the door wants to see you!"

the boy raised a brow in confusion. he remembered only inviting five of his friends to his party. who had wanted to see him at this time?

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱