i

" 맴도는 멜로딘 우연이 아냐 "
this playing melody is not coincidence

" 맴도는 이 멜로딘 우연이 아냐 "this playing melody is not coincidence

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"happy birthday, wrinkley butt!!" chenle screeched, like, really screeched into her ear as he attacked her in a hug, which was then followed by her other close friends. jeno, jaemin, renjun and donghyuck. they were the big crew haneul had been close to for years, more likely called the dreamies in school.

"thanks guys, but i nEED AIR-" haneul tried to suck in breaths, only to fail at the attempt, until they let go of her, and she got her fair share of air again. today was her birthday, and the dreamies had planned on a simple party, just the six of them together, to commemorate the day.

"is the cake really for display? take the knife and cut it down!" donghyuck clapped his hands together. his eyes had never left the huge chocolate-flavoured cake, licking his lips.

"you're literally just here for the cake,"

"selfish donkey,"

"chenle, i swear, you're no where close to being as useful as my mom's rice cooker,"

"you're one to talk, hairy booger,"

"stinky underpants!"

"armpit hair!"

"yeti waste matter!"

"okay, let's keep the creative use of vocab for next english class!" jaemin stood in between donghyuck, chenle and renjun, setting them off apart from their roasting battle. the next 0.3 second, they were starting a live wwe on the floor. jeno, thankfully the well-mannered one, made further steps towards the birthday girl with an upright dazzling oscar-winning eye-smile of his.

"would you do the honours, miss kim?" jeno bowed and handed her the knife. haneul would gladly stab herself for facing the most hansom™️ asian in the universe.

she smiled brightly in return, a light tone of pink dusted on both her cheeks at jeno's cute gesture. she took the knife and cut the cake into perfect pieces.

"renjun! stop sitting on me!"

"i can't hear you over the sound of how manly i am!"

"i yodel better than you do!"

there was a split second of silence.

"donghyuck, my mom's glass pieces!"

"jaemin just farted! lmao!"

it was an extreme birthday party to say the least, despite having only five friends.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

all the gifts she had received were placed on her desk. some from the crazy boys from earlier and some mailed from her other friends who couldn't come. there were a good number of birthday texts on her phone too, sent by more friends and her parents, who were busy with work outside of the country for the time being.

she promised to check them out later though. she was beat today.

after taking a nice bath and slipping on a pair of comfortable pjs, she went to switch off the lights before plopping on the bed, staring out the window which was placed right beside her bed.

thousands of stars lighted up the night sky.

watching the stars in the sky had always helped her to sleep. sometimes it was just peaceful. so the stars and the night sky came to be haneul's favourite thing to gaze at. ever since she was little.

her eyes closed, venturing off to dreamland.

it was hours later when it finally reached midnight, a sudden bright light blinded the room and vanished as quickly as it appeared. haneul blinked her eyes open, having startled awake by the odd phenomenon and sat up. she was close to assume it was just a lightning.

she let out a puff of breath and laid back down, trying to lose herself in her dreams again.

Then, as if life had more surprises for her, she heard small thuds.

i swear if that's donghyuck and the rest trying to pull a prank on me i will-

she felt breaths hitting her face. breaths.

she snapped her eyes open, having faced with a stranger hovering above her.

"excuse me, i-"

and like any other sane human being,..

haneul screamed out.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱