xxiv

" 계속해 똑같이 wild and free "
keep going, we're the same, wild and free

" 계속해 똑같이 wild and free "keep going, we're the same, wild and free

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"welcome back, loser!!" hyuck, along with the others, attacked haneul in a hug, ruffling her hair and shaking her like a ragged china doll, bombing the girl with so many questions regarding the trip. mark just laughed and went along with it, but at the corner of his eyes, he noticed jeno was still feeling quite uneasy around her. so he just stood behind, offering a tiny smile.

"okay, that's enough. let me through— jeez, it's almost first period, for god's sake! let me grab my stuff!" she pushed through the big group, getting to her locker and cracking the code to open it.

"did we get alien keychains? did we? did we?" chenle jumped up and down, beaming. "or— or space snacks. did you see them sending monkeys to space though?"

"haneul-ahhh, there might be billions of stars in the universe, but you're the only star i see," jaemin playfully showed heart signs to her with his hands. renjun smacked jaemin for that, cringing along the way.

"you and your unlimited lame pick-up lines!"

"did you tell nasa to reply to my tweets yet?"

the bell rang, signalling first class, and everyone groaned. haneul just laughed and shut her locker, a few books being held in her arms. "i'll tell you guys everything later, okay? and chill, i bought souvies!"

the group cheered before parting ways, jaemin catching both mark and renjun in a headlock who were on their way to socio class while donghyuck and chenle went together to biology. haneul blinked, now that she remembered, donghyuck had texted her a few days ago that their classes were supposedly rescheduled. but haneul haven't received her new schedule yet, so—

"i claimed it for you, if you're looking for your schedule," someone all too familiar handed haneul the paper, waiting for her to take it. "we share the first class together, english. you wanna go together?"

she met his eyes briefly before taking the paper in his hand, mumbling a 'thank you' and nodding before the two walked together to the next floor, towards english class.

"... haneul-ah, if you're still unsettled because of that day, i'm.. i'm sorry—"

"it's fine, jeno. it's your choice, i'm not going to force you or whatever. relationships don't work that way," haneul smiled genuinely, locking eyes with jeno's again. it would take her some time to move on from her long-time crush, but she took in mark's words the night before. everything happened for a reason after all.

"thanks.. for understanding," jeno nodded, offering one of his eye smiles that everyone both loved and envied at the same time. "you're a wonderful girl, haneul-ah. really. you're so kind and brave, someone's bound to fall for you sooner or later— someone better,"

"pfft, who would like me?" the other joked, looking away. "kidding, kidding,"

"you're really oblivious not to notice," jeno mumbled, smiling slightly with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"what was that?"

"nothing!" he dropped the subject. "so we're cool now?"

"yeah. we're eighteen, we're not kids to sulk over such things!" she nudged his shoulder, the two sharing laughs.

jeno sighed, feeling contented. well, for the meanwhile.

no one (minus mark) still knew of his darkest secret.. yet.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱