vii

" 좋은 일이 일어날 것 같지 않니? "
doesn't it feel like something good will happen?

" 좋은 일이 일어날 것 같지 않니? "doesn't it feel like something good will happen?

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"alright, class, surprise news, we have a new transfer student today! mr. lee, please introduce yourself!" haneul's homeroom teacher, mr. nam, motioned for the so-called student to enter. the kids in class had started to whisper among themselves.

haneul sunk lower in her seat, silently praying no one's going to get wrecked and shocked by a certain someone who was bound to embarrass himself on the first day of the week. probably.

a pen poked the back of haneul's shoulder, and she spun around to meet two pair of brown eyes looking at her.

"hyuck mentioned about this new kid. he said you're both friends and he might be crazy," he emphasised on the last word.

"jaemin-ah! don't say that! and he's not my friend, he's just a-"

"is he invisible? or he has problems entering classrooms?"

"no, renjun. he's a normal being,"

"does he like moomin?"

"does he like salsa?"

"is he a mixed?"

"does he stan exo?"

"does he like running man?"

thankfully, their conversation was cut off as the newbie finally stepped into the classroom, almost instantly getting the whole class' attention, whispers became rushed mumbles. as if he was a vine that got viral in over seconds.

"uhh..," his eyes searched around the classroom, then immediately rested upon haneul's. his blurred expression evolved into a bright smile that lighted up the whole world. and probably a large portion of the class already had themselves flung to the sky by the transfer student.

not literally, duh.

haneul made a small motion for him to introduce himself, just like how she taught him last night.

"my name is pr- i mean, my utmost apologies, i- my name-" he started out with a stutter.

renjun blinked.

jaemin snorted.

haneul facepalmed.

"my name is.. lee minhyung, nice to meet you," he bowed perfectly, then continuing to just stand there. his eyes flickered to mr. nam.

"well, surely you have something else to add. your hobbies, dreams, why you come here, hopes, etc," he suggested, and haneul braced for her life.

"oh! very well then. i like.. i like riding horses-"

the class 'ooh'ed in amazement.

"you have.. a horse?" mr. nam raised a brow.

"a camarillo white horse, yes,"

haneul wished she could jump out the window, but she chose not to end her life over a prince who skedaddled his way out of a book.

"and my dream is to take over- i mean- to make new friends while i spend my time here!" he quickly covered himself. despite the anxiety, his smile was still etched on his lips, earning 'wow's and claps from the class. "so,.. i hope you all can accept me here and teach me interesting modern subjects i've never heard of before in my life," his last sentence got everyone bursted into laughter, before mr. nam silenced them, telling mark to find an empty seat.

"take that empty seat beside that kid over there. mr. na!"

"right, here, sir!" jaemin raised his hand. "hi, minhyung-ssi!" he greeted in a cheery tone.

the prince nodded and made his way to the centre of the classroom, taking his seat and facing the brown-haired boy beside him.

"nice to meet you. my name is na jaemin!" he reached out his fist. minhyung was confused.

"is this some kind of modern handshake?"

"yeah man, it's called a fist bump!"

minhyung, in a confused state, bumped his fist awkwardly against jaemin's which made haneul snort.

"i'm haneul's friend too. and that's renjun beside her," jaemin introduced.

"yo, i'm huang renjun," he flashed a kind smile.

"soooo, you wanna hang out after school?"

"oh, he definitely needs to. he needs to buy school supplies," haneul spoke up.

"wait,.." the chinese raven-haired tried to process, staring at the prince. "you don't bring your school supplies? not even a schoolbag or stationaries?"

"what are those?"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱