xxvi

" 꿈과 지금 사이를 한번 의심하고 "
i'm doubting this moment, between dreams and reality

" 꿈과 지금 사이를 또 한번 의심하고 "i'm doubting this moment, between dreams and reality

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

weeks passed, and the love letters from mark's secret admirer never stopped. they kept sending pink notes into his locker once in a day or two, and he would receive around four to five letters in a week. sometimes, they would just write simple messages like 'i hope you have a great day!' or 'you're really good at rapping. keep it up!'.

of course, it made mark's heart flutter. but a part of him wished haneul was behind those letters too. because he liked her after all, and no one else.

though mark felt awfully guilty if she really wasn't haneul, but someone else who yearned for his heart. the prince  silently hoped he'd get to meet her soon, and talk things out with her.

"mark!" he felt a tap on his shoulder, turning around to face haneul.

"o—oh, what's up?"

"you've been acting quite fishy lately. are you hiding something from me?" the girl peered up at him, eyebrows furrowed in deep curiosity.

mark waved it off, chuckling slightly. "pfft, it's nothing. just.. you know, chemistry.. and i'm exhausted,"

"mhm.. sure," the other's face lit up with a sudden smile. "you wanna go home together? it's been a long time we haven't done that,.. since you left me and lived with doyoung-oppa and all," she nudged his side, earning a slight yelp from him.

"well, sorry. at least i won't become a burden to you anymore. i felt bad enough barging into your room with you having to keep me away from your parents all the time,"

"don't say that! you were never a burden to me," haneul frowned, her last statement ended in a mumble. the two exited the school building, walking side-by-side together down the side of the road. mark kept his eyes down, wrapped up with his thoughts. especially about the anonymous admirer that had been sending him letters. he didn't know why it was so necessary to think about the person everyday though.

"mark? you okay?"

"huh— of course. why'd you ask?" he blinked, looking at her.

"you've been dozing off a lot lately. are you sure there's nothing bugging your mind?"

"nope. i told you, maybe i'm tired and i just need a good rest—"

"you've been lost in your thoughts everyday!" haneul cut him off as she stopped walking. mark copied her, knowing he had been caught. "you know you can tell me anything if something serious happened,"

their eyes met, and mark hesitated to spill the truth. "i just.. i thought i—"

'think, mark. think!'

"like, i wanna try out for dancing too, aside rapping. but i don't know what the other kids would think of me,"

haneul stared at him, before she let out a huge sigh of relief, laughing then.

"you got me worried for nothing! jeez, if that's what making you distressed, relax! i'd support you if you want to dance. and i bet hyuck, jeno, jaemin, chenle and renjun would too!"

"really? you think so?" mark beamed. in his mind, he mentally sighed, thankful that haneul bought that lie. he wasn't ready to tell her what had been going on recently anyways.

"mark!! is that you?" a voice called from afar. mark tore his gaze away from her, looking straight up ahead to see doyoung standing outside of the convenience store not far. "can you help me carry these boxes inside? i think my arms are gonna fall off!"

mark laughed and showed an 'okay' sign with his hand, facing haneul again. "i guess i'll see you tomorrow at school,"

"yeah, see you! remember what i said, okay?" she patted his shoulder before mark took off towards the man, helping him carry those boxes. haneul bit her lip, her smile fading as she watched him from afar. she obviously knew the other was lying earlier with that sort of statement.

"since when did you start keeping secrets, mark?"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱