xxviii

" 우린 어디쯤에 왔을까 ? 너를 기다릴 있을까 ? "
how far have we come? will i be able to wait for you?

" 우린 어디쯤에 왔을까 ? 난 너를 기다릴 수 있을까 ? "how far have we come? will i be able to wait for you?

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

haneul hated her own selfish thoughts. a year of chasing her first crush, in which she was brutally rejected (but of course she gradually moved on) but now her stuck-up self probably had something towards mark, but no. she wanted to deny whatever that was messing her head up badly for her to think of mark more than just a friend.

that was just pure psychotic. maybe the way they met and how mark had always stick to her side made her horribly confused.

but oddly enough, mark receiving letters from a secret admirer and mark being all happy about it somehow bugged her to no end.

the true road to love and a beautiful relationship is.. puzzling.

haneul wished her life was as easy as those cute romantic mangas where two people just met randomly in school and.. don't know, probably settled into a relationship the next week. but no, life had the worst surprises coming up for her time by time, and that sucks because life's already an awful dumpster.

okay, but what she really hated most right now is the fact that she had to walk through the park to get to her house from school. no offense for the park, it's pretty and a nice place to stroll during the weekend and all..

but her eyes had to spot both mark lee and kim yerim together down the garden path, laughing and spending their free time together, obviously having fun talking to each other.

'oh. kim yerim. of course.'

haneul sucked in a breath, tearing her gaze away from them and quickly passed through the park. she felt her heart cracked upon the scene for some reason.

'what am i thinking? i'm supposed to be happy for him,'  haneul slapped herself on the cheek.

deep down inside, honestly, it was right then that she hated the fact that kim yerim was so nice, so unbearably nice, and not like one of those cheap girly ducklings in most romantic teen comedies because if she actually was, haneul would drag mark away from her, of course, with the help of her friends too.

but's she not. kim yerim was born to be an angel, and she had proved to the world that she practically was.

and when you think about it again, mark lee and kim yerim was a total bomb. obviously they would fit for each other.

but haneul had to snap out of it. she had no feelings for whoever at the moment, and mark's secret admirer being yeri was cool, case closed. heck, it might not even be her, maybe haneul was overreacting after all. maybe the two bumped into each other and met there for whatever reason.

she had finally passed through the park, and went straight back home and to her room, most probably staying in bed and brooding all night long 'til tomorrow.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"haneul.. haneul!"

said girl averted her gaze from the ground, looking up ahead to see mark and doyoung walking together. though the sight of the prince made her feel both horrible and awkward.

"doyoung hyung and i are heading to the convenience store. do you want to grab breakfast there? there's still time before school starts," the bubbly boy smiled brightly. of course she knew the reason why.

"i'll pass. i already had breakfast at home. thanks," she replied with a brief smile to the duo before she hurried off down the way to school.

"well, she's acting weird. is she okay?"

"... i don't know. i'll ask her later at school," mark watched her back disappeared quickly before the two entered the store.

meanwhile, haneul finally reached the school gate and sighed, hoping she wasn't that obvious. as soon as she entered the building, she met up with a familiar pink-haired boy.

"good morning!"

"oh, morning, jaem," haneul waved and the two walked down the hallway together.

"what's up? you don't look so good," jaemin asked worriedly.

"nah, i'm fine,"

"mhm.. i don't buy it. what's the matter, han?"

"okay, whatever. don't tell anyone," she huffed, hesitating slightly. "it's just.. you know, the usual high school teenage girl problem.. there's this boy," she sighed, reaching her locker soon.

"jeno-yah?" jaemin stood beside her. "but i thought you guys.."

"yeah, i mean, no. it's not jeno,.." haneul trailed off.

"oh?" jaemin blinked, now confused. "you like someone else?"

"exactly!" she opened her locker aggressively, reaching for her books. "that's already a hint that i'm being an awfully childish and a selfish being,"

"... i mean, it's great that you're not stressed out over jeno or whatever.. things are okay between you two now, right?"

"mhm, yeah," she muttered in return.

"that's good.. but.., who do you like then?" jaemin tilted his head to the side, curious.

"... it's not important," haneul bit her lip. "he likes someone else. and he's probably taken already,"

".. oh,.. i'm sorry," jaemin nodded, then blurting out unknowingly. "i can relate,"

"you what?" haneul raised a brow, now looking at him. "you like someone too?"

"uh.. nope, hehe. sorry, it's nothing," jaemin grinned nervously, only earning back a quizzical stare from the other. "okay, fine, maybe i do. but he doesn't like me back anyways,"

"... he?"

".... ah, crap. oops,"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s : thanks for 1k reads!!! have all my sarangs 💚💚💚