xii

" all about you, I wanna know you"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"i said put your foot here,"

"where- han- wait! wait!"

"what?!"

"bird excrement!"

"be quiet!"

"i'm trying!"

"don't touch my hair!"

"i'm not!"

"don't put your foot there! stop that! what are you-"

thud!

"ow!"

"haneul, what was that?"

"a-a squirrel!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"i am not escaping through the window again the next i'm departing off to school!"

"yeah, well, too bad your title isn't too much of a vip card here, princess," she reached a hand out to brush off some of the leaves and twigs evident on minhyung's uniform.

after she had successfully brought him out and away from the house without being caught by her parents, the two started walking straight to school.

haneul checked her watch. "we're still pretty early though, you wanna grab breakfast at a convenience store?"

"sounds adventurous. why not?" he replied sarcastically.

"oh my god, it's not like you're paying for it! be grateful for once!"

and so they did, all the while they bicker their hearts away. skipping time to where they had finally arrived, haneul bursted into the store first, greeting the cashier a good morning.

"whass gucci, oppa?"

"when will you ever greet a proper 'good morning' to me?" cashier guy, from what the tag name read, dongyoung, replied back. his eyes landed on minhyung. "oh- who's this? you're in seoul high?"

"lee minhyung. he's new," the girl answered on behalf of the prince, then turned her attention to him. "that's dongyoung-oppa. most of us in seoul high knows him, since the school's close to the store we usually come here to grab snacks or hang out,"

"doyoung's fine, everyone here calls me doyoung,"

minhyung mouthed an 'o' before bowing. "nice to meet you, hyung,"

haneul grabbed a handful of food and drinks right after, bringing it up to the counter for the young cashier to scan. after having them paid, they waved a goodbye to the elder, on their way to school while they ate.

the two walked pass the school gate, and everyone- mainly the girls- who had arrived gave an enthusiastic wave towards minhyung. the prince responded back with the same motion, a bright smile on his face.

which actually irked haneul for some reason. not out of jealousy, duh. they were just too thirsty for hot boys and they were showing it off.

not that minhyung's hot too.

she chose to shrug it off anyways.

"we have history for first period together. you can go ahead to your locker. i'll meet you there later," haneul spoke a while later when they entered the school building.

"alright," minhyung nodded, walking away. he had gotten used to the place, which haneul was thankful for.

the girl opened her locker and took out a few books, a short checklist in her mind on what to bring and whatnot.

as soon as she closed it, a very, very handsome face appeared behind it, startling the girl.

"morning!"

"great bAlls oF fiRe- oh it's you- i mean- it's you!" haneul's face flushed red. "i'm sorry. i meant good morning to you too, handso- jeno,"

"... oookay," his eyes turned into happy crescents as he smiled. "well, guess what? the basketball team.." he made a cUte drumroll against the locker. "-will be qualified in the next state tournament right after exams!"

"slap me silly, congratulations!!" haneul wanted to hug him (and feel his muscles, hot damn) on the spot for the great news but just settled in with a high-five.

"and it's gonna be chenle's first state tournament too!"

"seriously? good for him then! wow, i can't wait to see you guys straight up choke the other team dead with your undying great skills!"

"don't have to put it in a savage concept, but yeah. we'll have to ask minhyung over to watch too. does he like basketball?"

"yep, totes patotes, i mean i don't know, but probably yeah," the bell had rung.

"ah well, you know what that means. see you later, haneul!" he waved. "and oh- mark the date!"

"mhm! bye, hotstu- jeno!"

meanwhile, during their sweet conversation, minhyung came back to meet up with haneul. she was taking too long so he figured to walk back to where her locker was.

only to see her with jeno, the brightest of smiles etched on each other's faces.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱