xv

" 덩크슛 한 번 할 수 있다면 "
if only i could make a dunk shot just once

" 덩크슛 한 번 할 수 있다면 "if only i could make a dunk shot just once

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

friday night came by fast. haneul had slipped on the school's basketball t-shirt along with her jeans, it was, of course, an iconic sign of the school to show support. she gave the same shirt, an extra she had with bigger size, to minhyung for him to wear for the eventful tournament, in which the prince was grateful for.

"hey, have you seen my hair tie though?"

"didn't you leave it under the bed?"

"i did— oh," she kneeled down and reached for it, thanking the other. "bun or ponytail?"

"you ask as if i'm a girl," minhyung laughed. "but uh— i have an idea, so sit down,"

haneul raised a brow but sat down on her chair nonetheless, while the prince neared her from behind, hands gently cascading through her hair, interlacing strands smoothly as if it wasn't a problem at all.

she noticed it right away.

"you know how to braid?" she asked in disbelief. he really was full of surprises sometimes. "how?"

"uh, what's so surprising about it?"

"well.. most guys wouldn't know how to get it done, it's not their forte," minhyung was done, and haneul spun her chair around to face him.

"you look great," the prince complimented. beautiful, even.

"you too," a short awkward silence joined the moment before the girl stood up.

"alright, let's go!" the two nodded at each other and parted ways, haneul skipping downstairs while minhyung got out through the window.

"mom, dad, i'll be off now!"

"since when did you braid your hair?" her mother asked, raising a brow.

"oh, google taught me. wikihow, specifically," she lied professionally. haneul opened the door and waved. "see ya!"

"be back before midnight!"

"will do!" she closed the door and already spotted minhyung outside, leaning against the gate.

"i'm starting to get the hang of it. hopping out from the window,"

"congrats,"

"what a sincere comment,"

haneul laughed anyways, catching up to his side before they made their way to the school, silence gracing their presence throughout the walk. a comfortable kind of silence, to say the least.

minutes later, from afar, the school was seen exploding with lights, with good luck banners decorating the building. the two got in inside and headed straight to the vast gym, students piling the bleachers.

"hey, i think i see jaemin, renjun and hyuck over there," haneul squinted her eyes.

"where?"

"aish, really, you need glasses," the girl held minhyung's hand, leading him the way to the other side of the bleachers, all the while passing through the crowd.

on the other side, the prince was having a hard time concealing his red face, trying not to get flushed over the fact that kim haneul was holding his hand at the very moment. 'really, lee minhyung, she's just holding your hand, stop getting worked up over everything, honestly—'

"haneul, minhyung, hi!!" jaemin waved excitedly, raising his voice since the crowd was deafeningly loud. "wow, you braided your hair!"

"yeah, minhyung did it for me— wait, did you dye your hair?"

"the three of us did," he was right. jaemin now had his hair dyed pink, renjun became a blondie and hyuck dyed his hair brown with a colourful mix in each of a few strands. "well actually, we made a bet with jeno and chenle. if they win the game, they'll have to dye their hair too. you guys joining in the bet?"

"no thanks," both haneul and minhyung replied simultaneously.

"welp, your choice," jaemin shrugged.

"shhsHSshshHSHS, the game is starting!! wing it, chenle!!!" renjun cheered.

"just chenle?" hyuck stared at him.

"and jenooo!!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

the crowd, specifically coming from the host's side, stood up and boomed in victory after the last dunk shot was made none other by zhong chenle, the legendary stephen curry but stuck inside the kid's body, automatically granting the team their win.

renjun was bawling.

hyuck had his popcorns flew over.

haneul was choking minhyung.

minhyung was dying.

and jaemin was clapping like a proud parent he was.

as soon as the game was over, the group ran over to the two basketball players for a bear hug, wide smiles etched on each face.

overall, the night was a memorable event for everyone, and minhyung was happy he met them. he wouldn't want to leave his new friends, or the fun he was having in a new world of theirs.

though, happiness usually doesn't last.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱