canid ; hwang hyunjin

first/third person

genre: angst, a bit of fluff, wolf au

◾◾◾◾◾

Many say that to find your destiny, one of the main things that you have to focus on is to look at their race—people are meant for people, animals are for animals, plants for plants, and well, supernatural beings for other supernatural beings.

I met him three years ago, and he confessed his love for me two years ago. I accepted his feelings and we became one, not really aware of the dangers to be brought upon the two of us.

A very unusual thing happened to me, though; I wasn't supposed to fall in love with a half-human half-wolf, but I did. I found love in a hybrid.

Hwang Hyunjin.

◾◾◾◾◾

As they paced around the room, Hyunjin sniffed the air, slowly transforming into a white wolf as he scouts the perimeter, smelling something foul.

"What's that?" Chan asks, staring at Hyunjin's retreating wolf figure.

"Maybe he received one of those letters from the Silver Boys pack," Woojin replied, looking around as if he had picked up a strange scent.

Hyunjin then came back, his teeth unclenching as he placed a small wood with a paper stuck to it. The rest of the Stray Kids pack crowded around the object as he returned to his human form, his figure crouching down to touch the item he had received yet again from the rival pack.

"What is that about?" asked Jeongin, the youngest member of the pack.

"It's another threat from Silver Boys," Hyunjin says, gritting his teeth. Grabbing the piece of wood, he rips the paper from it and lets his eyes scan over the words.

we've got (Y/N). meet us at the previous headquarters before the full moon. if you don't show up, we'll kill her.

Hyunjin knew that writing very well. He also knew who would take her.

"Is that from..." Jisung trailed off.

"Choi Raesung." Changbin finishes.

Hyunjin's fist then crumpled the paper, throwing it to the ground afterwards.

Chan sighed, "We've talked about this, Hyunjin. What did we say about girls? Remember what Minho did. He almost killed himself. Felix too."

That's why they left the pack for good, Hyunjin thought.

The taller boy averted his gaze from his hyung, his eyes now fully trained on his pair of shoes that looked to be the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"Wolf hormones," he replied quietly.

Chan sighed and patted his shoulder reassuringly. "We'll find her, don't worry."

The leader then gave the remaining five members a look, and they all exited the room silently, giving him a bit of time to think about crap.

Please be safe, (Y/N), Hyunjin thought and left the room, getting ready for battle.

◾◾◾◾◾

"This is exactly why I told her to stay away whenever I would be out on missions, but she just wouldn't listen," Hyunjin grumbled, his fingers tracing the lines of the wood where the note addressed to him was found.

"Stop blaming it on her, hyung," Seungmin remarked.

Hyunjin sighed and shifted in his position awkwardly, waiting for Chan's cue on when they will enter the headquarters.