stellar ; kim woojin

third person

genre: fluff, high school au

◾◾◾◾◾

Woojin adjusted his jacket nervously, tapping his foot on the wooden floor as he brushed what he was sure was dust off his shoulders. Bringing his hand up he knocked on the large oak door three times, biting the inside of his cheek as he contemplated on whether to run away and back out or not.

Seconds felt like hours; his heart battered wildly inside his chest like a feral animal, angered inside a restricted cage. He was a nervous wreck, and his head was spinning. He didn't want to do this—but after a week of being pestered by his History teacher, he finally agreed and caved into the idea of tutoring a girl.

But not just any girl.

This was (Y/N), the girl Woojin had been crushing on, for like, forever. She was a bright and bubbly girl, and has a smile that could kill and make any man drop to his knees. But what attracted him the most to her was her golden heart, her kindness that made her seem like an angel sent from heaven in human form.

But that wasn't the problem.

She was popular, and he was not.

She could easily hold conversations with different types of people, and he could not.

She's a social butterfly, and he's a wallflower.

She's everything he's not.

When he decided to run for his life, it was too late. The door swung open, and the face of the girl he adored came into view, her killer smile on her face as her orbs shone like she didn't have a care in the world.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N)!" she says gleefully. "My mom said the school rang to send a tutor from my class. You must be...what's your name again?"

"Kim Woojin," he smiled softly. "I know you. We've been in the same classes since the start of high school."

"Oh, you're right!" she giggled and steped aside, letting him inside her house.

Woojin felt butterflies in his stomach. It may be cliche, but it was true. She had an effect on him that no one else did, even though she had low-key told him she had never recognized him before. When he walked inside the house, a pinkish blush quickly spread on the apples of his cheeks as the scent of (Y/N)'s expensive perfume filled his nostrils.

(Y/N) then led the two of them inside the library, which housed a thousand books. Woojin became excited at the sight of books, and the girl must've noticed his facial expression, since she giggled a little. He blushed harder, and scratched the back of his neck, smiling shyly.

"Let's start?" she asks.

"Yeah."

◾◾◾◾◾

A few hours later, the two of them sat side by side on a wooden table. Woojin had become much calmer when (Y/N) shifted her attention from him to the book he was holding, although his heartbeat didn't, since they were literally inches away from each other.

In fact, he was quick to realize that when the teacher said she was struggling a little with the subject and needed a little help, it had been a complete understatement. It was as if she had switched off her brain, and was finding things hard to understand with what he would consider a piece of cake. Though, surprisingly, he never found himself getting frustrated, a total contrast to his agitated self when he's tutoring Jisung, or his other classmates.