a perfect mistake ; yang jeongin

requested by: eternalnamjoon ✌ i hope you like this bby!

song on top: won't let go by the tide ✌

third person

genre: fluff

◾◾◾◾◾

The pregnancy test was gripped in her hand, and (Y/N) almost dropped the stick from the violent shaking of her limbs. She was completely nervous on what may happen in these few moments, but the feeling was almost indescribable. Nerve-wracking and high blood pressure added, yes, but also exciting, joyful and special. It was an overwhelming experience, and she just hoped it was everything she had ever wanted.

She and her two-year boyfriend—now fiancé since the last two months—may be expecting an addition to the already forming family. Jeongin, on his break with the rest of Stray Kids, had taken her on this spectacular trip to Aruba, and he proposed to her right there on the beach during nighttime, in the middle of the location where they bathed in the moonlight and shining little diamonds in the obsidian night skies, bonfires and midnight waves lapping at the still alive seashore. It was so romantic and perfect, and she wanted nothing more than to spend infinity with him—the one she truly loved and cared for.

Although that vacation was amazing, the night he proposed to her, (Y/N) lost her virginity to Jeongin. Even though the two of them promised to wait until marriage—with Jeongin being an old-fashioned dude despite living in the millennial times—they couldn’t wait much longer. The planned marriage was set almost twelve months from that date, and two years plus almost one more is too long to wait.

The two of them loved each other deeply and craved to feel one another. On that night, Jeongin was hesitating on to whether or not use protection, but (Y/N) was the one who declined his offer. She was on the pill, so why use protection? Long story short, they shared a very steamy and intimate night, making sweet love to each other with no barriers, walls entirely crumbled down.

Just skin.

After that holiday trip, they parted ways. (Y/N) went back to their shared flat in Seoul, while Jeongin returned to the dorms with his hyungs. And ever since then, she started experiencing morning sickness, had weird cravings, mood swings for no reason, sudden increase in weight, and she missed her monthly menstrual cycle. At first she thought maybe it was food poisoning, or maybe it’s just pseudocyesis.

To confirm her suspicions, she headed for the pharmacy and bought three pregnancy tests, all trying them at once.

And all sticks showed her the same response—two pink lines—positive.

“How could this be possible?” she asked herself. “I was on birth control...h-how?”

Then she remembered that one day when she didn’t take her pills. She ran out of contraceptives!

Shit.

She was scared. Not that she was not thrilled about the idea of having kids with Jeongin, but she wanted to wait until marriage, and maybe that’s what Jeongin wants, too. The last thing she wanted was to get married with a huge stomach walking down the aisle in a too tight gown. Sure, she can wait until the delivery before the wedding day, but (Y/N) didn’t like the idea of having a baby without getting tied down to Jeongin first. And she doesn’t know how he would react if she tells him about the news.

This was terrible timing—just plain horrible.

But temptation and love took its toll over resistance. The two of them had sex, unprotected, and she may be pregnant.