celebration ; stray kids

🎄

third person

genre: fluff

◾◾◾◾◾

As (Y/N) sat in front of the lit fireplace in her comfy clothes, fluffy socks and winter scarf, she slowly sipped her hot chocolate as soft music played in the background, setting the mood of a calm Christmas. But this day was anything but joyful.

Usually, Christmas is supposed to be a day of loving and giving, joy and compassion, thankfulness and exaltation. But the girl wasn't having any of it, and she thinks that December 25 is just another day on the calendar, after 24 hours it'll pass like the other days.

The reason why she was bitter on this day was completely and entirely known to her and herself alone. Her family, sadly, died on this day due to a car accident three years ago, and the friends she had are either fake or all spending Christmas with their families and loved ones. Her nine best friends, though, are all busy preparing for their new album, multiple comebacks, and latest songs. So, there she sat in her lonely house, in front of a fireplace that gives her the temporary warmth she doesn't even need.

While contemplating about how miserable her life had become in just a span of a few years, her doorbell rung, and (Y/N) was confused on who the hell would just come visit her, in an ungodly hour of what, like, 11 pm?

She, nevertheless, stood up and walked up to the door, opening it wide just to see her nine idiotic friends, all standing there with wide grins on their handsome faces, their hands full of food and presents. Oh, and they were all wearing matching sweaters.

"Do you wanna go sleighing in the snow? I don't care where we go-ah! Minho, would you stop that?" Jisung whined as he looked at the older boy who smiled thinly at him.

"Anyways," he recomposed himself and smiled widely at (Y/N) who had her outh wide open, "1, 2, 3..."

"MERRY CHRISTMAS OUR LOVELY (Y/N)!"

The simple gesture brought tears to the girl's eyes, as the nine people, whom she calls best friends, went through trouble just to visit her on this day.

"Aw, don't cry!" says Hyunjin and goes into the room, wrapping his arms around (Y/N)'s shoulders.

"GROUP HUG!" Felix yelled and everyone went in for a group hug while screeching loudly. (Y/N)'s ears hurt, but she was happy to know that her Christmas would be different.

Then, all of them entered the house, piling up in the living room. Chan, Minho, Changbin and Jeongin all scrambled to the couch, cramping. Woojin and Hyunjin went for the two single-seater couches, while the rest, including (Y/N) sat in front of the fireplace.

"Would you guys like something to drink?" she offers, "I can whip something for all of you real quick."

"Yes please," Seungmin pleaded. "I need hot chocolate."

"Me too," whined Felix.

"Me three!" Jeongin cheers.

"Alright alright," (Y/N) was going to die from the youngest one's cutest any second now. "You guys keep yourselves busy while I make you your drinks."

"I'll help," Woojin and Chan stood up, smiling as they made their way into the kitchen with the girl trailing behind them.

When they have entered the small room, (Y/N) pulled out three aprons from one of the cabinets and handed two to the boys, which they accepted gratefully. They started putting it on, and so did (Y/N).