Chapter 6 - Hand In Hand

He smiled surprised as he saw his wife down in the law of the apartment. She was petting the two dogs - Tobby and Bozo. He was bewildered. The Anika who literally grasped him on seeing the dogs was petting them! Too much change to digest.

"Anika, come this way I have to make you meet two special species." Shivaay led his to-be-wife around the posh apartment block. He was so excited to introduce Anika to the two dogs he absolutely loved. 

As soon as Anika's gaze fell on them she froze. The second the two looked at her or maybe at Shivaay, they barked. That was all that was required, Anika forgot everything and hugged Shivaay. His eyes went wide as she held his forearm, digging her nails into them. 

"All okay Anika?" He asked unsure, loving the fact that she was so close.

"Dogs! Oh my God, They are coming towards us. Shivaay!" She hid her face in his chest and he smiled.

"They won't do anything. I brought you here to meet them.". He said in a relaxed tone.

" Wh-hat! Th-hem! Are you out of your mind? They bite. They bark. They go mad. And if they bite, you need to get fourteen injections or you become mad. Aa.aa..!" she squeezed her eyes shut holding on to him for dear life.

"Anika relax. They are tame creatures. I know them for like two years now! They stay here."

"Shiv-aaaay! Please first, shoo them away. 

Ple-asssee!" She almost said in a weeping voice.

"OK, OK relax." He put an arm around her and signed the dogs to back off. The lovely dogs obeyed their favorite's command. 

He then slowly walked over with her to the inside of a block while the dogs barked for his attention.

Once away from the dogs Anika relaxed visibly and embarrassment set in. She pulled her hands away and turned crimson. 

That was awkward!

His arm pulled back from her shoulder. "Okay?" She nodded in response.

"Anika they are the cutest creatures. I mean look at them. So adorable. That is Bozo and that one Tobby!" He pointed at the brownish dog.