Chapter 21 - Burning In Your Desire

While Anika was happily chattering away with Mrs. Roopa Raina's eight year old, she felt a familiar hand getting back to her waist. What was up with him? Why so much touch? Not that she did not like or want it. Curiosity was perhaps getting the better of her. She immediately straightened up glancing at him and then back at Mrs. Roopa smiling.

"Hello Mrs. Roopa, where is Saahil I haven't seen him around." Shivaay spoke looking at the little girl Anika had been chattering with.

"Oh he must be around with Vivek and Suraj. It's nice to see you after so long. How was your trip?"

"Amazing. " he replied. Anika managed a smile at his reply. "But being back home is altogether a blessing!" Her heart skipped a beat at that. His hand smoothed and moved a little on her waist. What was he doing! 

"Hey there!" Shivaay smiled at the girl. While Mrs.Roopa looked down at her shy daughter, Anika grabbed his hand casually and pushed it away without giving him a look. "I will be back."

Shivaay grinned slightly. The woman knew nothing of what she was doing to him. His patience and control both had reached the threshold. Her annoyance and embarrassment just made him tease her more. When would this party even get over?

No sooner than that thought had crossed his head Pinky and Shakti were called to the stage for the cake cutting. He quickly made it to the stage. While he stood beside his mother, she stood beside his father. Then there were her parents next to him. Happiness was togetherness of loved ones. He felt it. He loved how everybody was laughing, joking, smiling and enjoying. Everything seemed so perfect to be true. He took a piece of the cake feeding his parents and then her parents and finally his eyes were on her. Her expression changed when he approached her. She was trying best to eliminate proximity. It was driving her crazy. The more closer he came the more she felt her desires growing. He was a lethal threat to her sanity. Looking at others watching them, she opened her mouth a little for him to feed her. 

His eyes were shining. She knew something was on his mind. Before she could conclude, his fingers were in contact. The piece of cake was too small. He rubbed her lips in the process of feeding her. No, she wasn't mistaken. It was done on purpose and was planned. Someone handed her a piece to feed him. She could already see that smile growing into a smug one. She cautiously took her fingers up to his mouth. Before she knew he grabbed her wrist, making sure to rub his lips on her fingers he took a small bite. She was lost. In that pool of desire she saw in his eyes. She couldn't keep of the urge to wipe away the tiny patch of cream at the edge of his lips. All of this happened so fast and the others were so busy that none noticed the fireworks that were happening between the two. If it wasn't the freaking middle of a party at their home, Shivaay was sure he would have kissed her senselessly. Anika couldn't keep from wiping away the minutely little patch of cake at the edge of his lips. Her thumb wiping the edge of his lips didn't help. He knew she was as desperate as him. He loved this. They both were desperately waiting to love each other. 

Their trance was broken by the host of the party announcing the dance. Anika decided to quickly disappear and busy herself. Dance with him, at the moment only meant pouring fuel in fire- in abundance. He was faster to follow her and ask her hand. She gave him a look and then nodded in a no only he could perceive. He smiled and nodded in a yes. It was their way of communicating subtly. Her heart sank, knowing she had no other option.