Chapter 10 - What Hearts Hold

Anika was utterly surprised to find them all outside a beautiful mansion. She looked at the trio staring at it. Then she noted the eyes of the elder two getting moist as they looked at each other and the mansion.

"Mom, Dad. " he said quietly his voice weighing down with emotions.

Anika gasped inaudibly as realisation dawned. This was their old home. He had told her about it. The Oberoi had faced a massive loss, when their factory which was one of the major pillar holding up the Oberoi enterprises had been ruined by just a minor earthquake that had brought a rough storm. Insurance did not cover Act Of God, hence the Oberois suffered massively. There was a dispute still going on in the High Court, between the Oberois and the insurance company. But, Justice wasn't as easy as pizza delivery sadly. The Oberois had no option left than to sell the mansion they had homed for years to keep up a descent middle class life with whatever other domains their company had. This had happened when Shivaay was roughly a teenager. 

As years passed the Oberoi Company got going, but affording the mansion again was still hard. Now that its value was in crores.

"I told you Mom, we'd be back home one day. " he said gently holding his mother's hand. 

"We are home, Mom-- Dad. We are ho-ome." His voice grew vulnerable as his eyes turned moist.

Pinky broke into tears, hugging him. Anika had tears in her own eyes. Shakti just simply stood staring up at the majestic building his father had laid foundation of. To see his son bring back the home, filled his heart with pride and eyes with tears of happiness.

"But-Shiv-" slowly Shakti began, wondering how had Shivaay got the mansion. The mansion was one thing Shakti kept a close tab on. From who was willing to buy or what the present owner was up to with it. He had sent requests to the owner, showing his interest in negotiation. But the deal never happened. The quotation was too high. 

"I told Viren uncle to not let you know. I wanted this to be a surprise." He said beaming with happiness. Pinky wiped her tears, patting his cheek and looking at Shakti. Shivaay extended his hand indicating them to proceed. The huge doors were opened and the two walked up the stairs. Pinky holding on to Shakti's hand.

Shivaay turned to Anika. 

She was staring at him, proud of him. Forgotten for a while, remained whatever was between them. He walked up to her. She felt she'd break terribly on the inside. He was doing everything for the family. Setting everything right. But there she was upset about everything. Was she selfish? 

"Welcome home, Anika!" He said looking aside to blink away his tears. She smiled, genuinely. He was the best son ever.

The soft gaze they were sharing was broken by Shiya Malhotra's shrill voice. Shiya was the interior designer for the mansion's redo. 

"Hello!" Shivaay greeted politely giving her a quick handshake.

"Nice to meet you in person finally. " she remarked. The woman couldn't deny that the man looked much handsome than he looked at the video conference.