Chapter 33 - In A Family

That night chatter did not stop in Oberoi Mansion. Voice of laughter, witty comments and the small boy's orchestra rang in the Oberoi living hall. Dinner had never been so long and entertaining. Topics kept flowing. After a long time Shivaay was witnessing the two chatterboxes, going on and on – first his sister and second his wife. Anika hadn't spent much time with Priyanka. Only during the wedding, and once after that when Priyanka had paid a visit during Rakshabandhan. The latter had been very brief. During the wedding Priyanka used to stay very busy as Raunak was very young.

Occasionally, the two men who were sipping beer would add something. Shivaay pitied Nihaal taking care of the little one, while his sister and his wife were in a work of their own. 

When Nihaal had momentarily turned to his ringing phone Raunak had knocked of the half empty glass bowl to the floor. Immediately, there was Priyanka shouting.

"Prinku relax. He's a kid. It happens."

"I told him not to touch it!" She said annoyed making sure he the little one wasn't hurt. Anika noted and smiled. 

"Its alright. Happens. We'll have it cleaned. "

Shivaay could see annoyance on his sister's face. He tapped Anika's hand and signed her. Anika nodded and quickly called the cleaner and then took the little boy from Priyanka's hand. She walked out with boy towards the garden. 

"You did not have to shout. " Nihaal said softly, helping his wife out to clean off the gravy on her dress.

"He gets on my nerves. " she said cross.

"Relax." Nihaal looked at her. 

Shivaay noted the exchange and was uncomfortable feeling like the third person. Of certainly wasn't what of looked like. The two were throwing daggers at each other. 

"You two calm down. Its alright. He's a kid. Prinku relax." 

Priyanka nodded and rose to walk out. Shivaay looked at an irritated Nihaal.

"All okay?"

"I don't understood why she get's so impatient and irritable at times. "

"She was always like that. She's lucky to have found you!" Shivaay said earnestly.

"No. Shivaay. It isn't that. She has been wonderful. She has been patient enough to be a mother. She is the best. But off late she's growing irritated of it. I don't know whether this is burdening her. I don't want it to. I help her with whatever I can but.."

"Hey, Nihaal. Don't worry. It's natural. My sister is a very Moody person. Both of us know it. But she will be fine. "

"Yeah!" He sighed. 

"Go talk to her." Shivaay smiled. He nodded.