Chapter 20 - Still Falling For You

As per plan, Shivaay had left home saying he'd be back in time. Anika kept her phone close. She knew in any moment it would ring. Pinky and Shakti were also seated in the living hall all ready to leave. Anika felt bad for putting up the pretence, but then it was for them.

Her phone rang. Anika quickly made sure she was having the undivided attention of her in laws. She was. She picked up the call. 

"All in place?"

"We've been waiting."

Shivaay smiled. "OK now listen, don't smile. "

" But?" She wanted to give him back. She wasn't stupid to let the other two know she was pretending.

He chuckled. " This is so funny. OK, as soon as you all leave, In ten minutes I will ask the team to be at the mansion. Keep your phone to yourself and don't give mom a chance to sense something fishy. "

"But, you said you will be coming!" Anika said in irked voice. Inside her head she was waiting to laugh out loud. Shit was she smiling by any chance?.Hopefully not. This was funny.

"And..yes get there safe and call me or text me. Now pretend to be mad at me. " he smiled. 

Why did she have to pretend? She was mad at him. "Fine." She gave a clipped response.

"Anika-- "

"Huh?" She asked pretending to be angry. She could see Pinky and Shakti exchange looks.

"I love you. Don't smile. And... Umm.. Nothing." He grinned. 

It was hard for Anika to keep an angry face. Anyway the color of her face could be mistaken for color of anger and not blush. "Bye!"  She ended the call.

"What happened?" Pinky asked concerned.

"He is busy with a conference. Its okay we will go."  she pretended to be pretending to be cheerful. "I will just be back." She said softly and made it quickly towards her bedroom to get her handbag.

"See Shivaay made her upset!" She could hear Pinky's voice. "One day he couldn't come for her sake? Yesterday at the dinning table also he did not see how bad she felt. If not for her sake, for our sake he could come right?" 

Anika felt bad for Shivaay. Simply he was being painted as black. 

The moment she entered her room, she quickly rechecked if everything was in place. "Perfect." She left her room and proceeded down the corridor to head downstairs. She was pulled over to the right corridor by a strong pair of hands. She was surprised to find herself encaged in his arms. "Shivaay!" She gasped. How the hell was he at home? 

"Shh!"

"What are you doing here?" She whispered .