Chapter 24 - Love Is Still There

Anika got up excusing herself to use the washroom. The moment she turned familiar arms wrapped around her waist. "Hi!" She heard his excited whisper. Immediately a huge smile made way to her face. He came! She became so lost looking at him. Only when she felt him doing something to her purse did she come out of her stance. "What are you doing Shivaay?" She asked softly, looking down at him zipping he purse. 

"Nothing. Now where are you going?" He asked moving his hand over her waist. 

Anika blinked as though immediately registering that they were in mid of a busy food court and that they were a little too close. She immediately put her hand on his chest, pushing away slightly. He grinned pulling back his hand. He couldn't help but get as close to her as possible. These days he loved to be near her, hearing her breath.

"Why do you look at me like that?" He asked as she continued to stare at him like she'd seen an interesting piece of art at an exhibition. 

"I was going to the washroom." She said trying to not show her out of box happiness. 

"Oh I wait, I'll join you."

"What?" She whispered, her eyes growing slightly wide.

He chuckled. 

"Dirty Mind!" He whispered, walking past her to meet everybody. He then quickly joined her back to walk tot he washroom. His hand casually placed over her waist as they began walking.

"Now tell me, do I look so different today, that you were staring at me without batting an eyelid?" His smooth voice fell into her ears.

She hesitated at first then answered, "I thought you won't come!" 

He looked at her and his hand slipped out of her waist as she continued to walk while he stood still. She turned back, "what?"

He peered at her then nodded in a no. "How is the shopping going?" He tried to ask in a cheerful voice. His thoughts stuck to the fact that she thought he wouldn't come. After especially making a point to tell her that he'd be there for lunch. 

As they were walking past a shop, Shivaay pulled her into one of the show rooms. It was an exclusive limited edition store. "See that, how is it?" Anika saw in the direction to find a pretty maroon gown. It had a tube top and a richly patterned flowing long skirt -like flow till the ground. It looked beautiful. "Shivaay, Ahh I don't think Mumma will wear that. I understand she is going --"

"Idiot, I was asking for you!" He said chuckling and looking at her amused. She grinned sheepishly.

"Oh!" She looked back at him and then back at the dress. "No No. I won't wear that anywhere. Beside I have many clothes already. "

"You have the Mehra's wedding!" He pointed out.

"That's too grand to wear at that. Anyway, I ain't the bride, I am the event manager. "

"Then how about, I take you for a romantic dinner date, does that give you an occasion enough to wear that?" He asked a smug smile playing on his lips as he leaned sideways looking at her closely.