Chapter 9 - On Her Mind, In His Heart

Anika's day had been anything but interesting. She couldn't focus on whatever she was doing. She had almost screamed at Vishal when he had tried to cheer her up. He was her assistant. He did almost everything perfectly. He also took care of the small things she missed out. Anika was always very grateful to him. But this morning when he had tried to ask why she seemed in a off mood she had simply screamed at him for trying to interfere in her personal life. 

The anger wasn't on him. It was on her husband. Her husband! She of course couldn't scream at him or be mad at him. Former was never the kind of behavior they threw at each other and for latter she had no courage or heart. No she couldn't be mad at him when everyone was happy for he was home. Everyone including he himself were happy. Nice. She was no one to spoil the show. She knew what their happiness meant to her, she would never spoil it for her sake.

She was more mad at herself for behaving like a spoilt brat. She should be mature and be happy her husband was home, family was happy and life was perfect again. She just couldn't be. 

It was late when she left from Mehra's Mansion. They had a beautiful mansion. She was charmed by the majestic building. The lush green garden, the huge corridors, the beautifully carved ceilings. They were all beautiful. But today she had felt no better seeing them. Every freaking minute was occupied by her mind to go back to the thoughts of her husband. What he thought? What was he thinking about her? Did he figure out why she was behaving odd? Did he talk to Pinky and Shakti about it later? Lastly, What was his surprise? She feared it more than she was excited about it. Truth be revealed- she wasn't excited a percent. But very anxious.

She somehow felt at sometimes that she was no where in his life. No where. This pained more than her battle within herself for treating him this way. Either she had fallen out of love or they both had. But at least on the surface he showed he cared. She smiled sarcastically. Yeah he cared. She looked away as she waited for her cab to arrive. Tears did not seem to stop making random appearances in her eyes, ever since his arrival. 

She looked at her phone. Great! The cab rejected the ride. Yeah. The world should reject her. She was of no good! Frustrated and trying hard to bite back her tears she was about to hail an auto when her phone rang. 

S H I V A A Y.

She glared at the phone. She was beginning to hate him. He was hurting her. Everything and anything about him hurt. Biting her lips she picked up the call.

"Are you done with work at the Mehra's mansion yet?"

How did he know?  "Umm., almost. How--?"

"Oh. Great. --I called up at office and was informed. Be at the gate I am just on the way. Perhaps two minutes away."

Her jaw dropped. "Ahh..But..Okay!" She cut the call quickly. Taking out her water bottle she quickly gulped some. Then fishing out her small make up box she had a look at herself. Trying to smile she waited.

As he had said, he arrived in two minutes. She smiled. The one smile she had practiced over in past two minutes. Her gaze met his and he gave a genuine smile. Her heart jumped at that. He was still capable of making her feel so many things with nothing. She tore away the gaze quickly and got on the car beside Pinky.