Chapter 38 - Seed Of Jealousy

The morning welcomed Shivaay with a beautiful sight. The little boy was hugging Anika and she was hugging him back. Though he was a little jealous that wasn't him but he loved looking at the sight. It made his heart feel overwhelmed. Someday he would wake up to their child hugging her that way. He controlled his thoughts reminding himself that, that wasn't what he or her wanted anytime soon. He slipped out of bed to get ready for the day.

* * * 

The day was like any other day. Anika had stayed home with Nihaal and Priyanka. It was their last day of the visit. They had planned shopping. Nihaal opted for staying home and looking over Raunak. 

By lunch they were back. Shivaay also came home for lunch. They had a gala time over lunch. After that Nihaal and Priyanka left for seeing the gynecologist with their son. This took Shivaay by surprise. Anika told him that Priyanka was pregnant. He couldn't believe it.

"She is pregnant again? So soon?" 

"Shivaay. It's.. Not in her control right?"

Shivaay realised his unfitting choice of words to express his surprise. "Yeah but...anyways I am happy for them."

She smiled.

"Oh wait, that's why she took you with her yesterday when we were...."

"Yes. Mr. Smarty!" She said typing a text on her phone. 

"Woah. Not bad. You make an amazing sister in law."

"I know!" She looked up momentarily and winked. 

Keeping her phone aside she went to the washroom. Shivaay stared at her phone. Who was she smiling and texting? He picked up her phone and put his thumb on the touch-lock. He swiped to see her chats. Vishal.  He read. That name rang a bell. He worked in the Event Management company as the Senior Manager. He used to work under him before. He was a nice man, very professional. Worked hard and barely there was ever any informal conversation they had had.

He opened the chat and scrolled through their texts.

They seemed very informal. He was surprised. They were more like friends with whatever chat he saw.