Chapter 14 - Searching For Remedy

He woke up early next morning to find her still sleeping peacefully her head over his shoulder and hands lying on his chest. A smile formed on his lips despite the pain in his heart. Just like a random flower unexpectedly sprang up in barren land. He kissed her temple and gently laying her head on the pillow pulled the duvet over her. Kissing her forehead he slipped out of bed. 

Anika stretched, opening her eyes. She could see the soft sun rays filtering in through the sheer curtains covering the glass door of the balcony. She sat up immediately realising it was just one more day here. She turned aside to see the clock. What! Nine? Oh no!  She had been sleeping too long. Shouldn't have popped that pill at night. But sleep was so far away and her headache wasn't allowing her to rest peacefully. Ultimately, she had to resort to sleeping pill late in the night. He hadn't arrived until then. She looked around. No sign of him or his phone. So she could say he was gone. Better!

She had taken a day off from work. Most of the shifting would happen today. Early the following morning was the pooja at the mansion. Hurriedly, she took out her clothes and went in for a quick shower. 

She almost ran down. "Good morning Mumma!" She said seeing Pinky seated at the breakfast table. Oh dear! She had cooked everything by herself. Anika felt bad for waking up late. She greeted her father in law. One person was missing. She told herself not to bother. But she was anyway told that he had gone out early for a meeting. 

"See he doesn't take care of himself. Always on the bird's wing. Last night came late and today morning left early. Anyway, I hope he let you sleep!"

Anika blushed and decided to ignore Pinky's remark. Of course the woman thought she had been sleeping until late because her son kept her awake at night. It wasn't the first time Pinky had made suggesstive remarks and teased her. 

"Pinky!" Shakti scolded. 

Anika focused on her plate, then remembering about the packing she asked about it. While Pinky and Anika discussed about it Shakti simply nodded listening. The schedule for the following day was also fixed. Anika's phone beeped. She ignored it. It beeped again, this time back to back twice. 

Pinky looked amused. "Check it, it might be Shivaay!" 

Anika rolled her eyes turning her face away. She was anyway done with her breakfast. Picking up her phone she disappeared. She could hear Shakti join Pinky at laughing. A frown formed on her face. She peeped at her phone. One message from  Tanuja and two from Vishal. Yea, Right, Shivaay! 

Tossing her phone on the bed she brought out a few files and placed it at the desk. She had to go through a few arrangements and see if everything was perfectly planned. But her thoughts were somewhere else. She was still stuck at the messages.

Urgh. Why couldn't it be Shivaay? Couldn't he leave her a note or a message in her inbox? 

She rubbed her forehead. She was growing crazy. It hurt much. She quickly decided to go out for some time. She told Pinky she'd be back in ten minutes before the movers and packers team arrived.