Chapter 32 - Serendipity

"It must be Radha aunty." Anika spoke in a trembling voice straightening down her top. She was about to turn and leave when his hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her. She gasped as her other  hand landed on his shoulder. He fingered her strap which was hanging down and a suppressing grin formed on his face. Embarrassed at her stupidity Anika tore her gaze away from his. Her hand reached for her shoulders, but met his on the way. An intense eye-lock was exchanged. Biting her lips Anika left the kitchen. Shivaay followed her trail. He couldn't help but look at her perfectly swaying bottom. The woman only grew more desirable.

Anika reached the hall with Shivaay close behind her. Her senses trying to rebound. God, in the kitchen they were..? It would be different if they were at the previous home. But this mansion was freaking huge and as a consequence there were many more people around. The doorman, the gardener, and his newly hired security team. Anyone could have entered the kitchen. Oh her insatiable desperation would cause her the epitome of embarrassment someday. She wondered what he was thinking. 

When the doorman opened the gates, a sudden smile of surprise formed on the faces of Shivaay and Anika. It was Priyanka. His sister. Beside her was Nihaal her husband and Raunak their little two and half year old. 

"Surprise!" Her cheerful voice rang.

"Oh ..oh..Pri !" Anika exclaimed, surprise not dwindling from her face. 

Shivaay was still blinking. Well he wasn't the only one to give surprises. 

Anika quickly gave Priyanka, whom she addressed a Pri a warm hug. She parted to hold her hands. "Its so good to see you. What a surprise!" She quickly turned to Nihaal and gave him a quick hug. Priyanka saw Shivaay and then her eyes moved all over the place. Her mother had told him about them moving back into the mansion. She was constantly kept updated. As matter of fact, she was on the video call when the house warming happened. She would have arrived, that week itself if it hadn't been for the unexpected turn of events at her husband's office.

She couldn't believe her eyes. She looked back at Shivaay her eyes moist. They weren't the sugary-kind of siblings. They were the Spice&Ice kind of siblings, always taunting and fighting on surface but deep down there was immense love. She immediately ran to him, hugging him. He had his lips curved into a wide smile, while there was a moisture in his eyes.

Anika gazed at him affectionately. He was the best! Best at everything. She couldn't thank her existence enough for blessing her with Shivaay. Her smile faded slightly, remembering everything that had happened in past one year and past few days.  Uneasiness set in.  She pushed it away before it grew and glanced down at the kid who's was hugging his father's leg.

"Raunak?" She called out to him.

Nihaal tried pulling his son to the front. "Come on Raunu, say hello to Maami!"

She smiled and glanced back when she heard Priyanka's voice.

"I am so proud of you Bhai!" She said cupping Shivaay's face. Shivaay smiled like a proud brother. 

"Wait till you see your room!" He said his pride becoming playful.