Chapter 41 - A Day Without Her

"Morning Oberoi!"

"Morning Jasper!" He called out to his neighbor who was clearing the snow off his garden. He buried his hands deeper into his pockets. Hitting the gym this early was certainly not the best idea but he had nothing else to do. His sleep cycle had shortened considerably. It could be the changed environment, changed food or maybe the changed lifestyle summed it better. 

He was glad that he had a studio apartment on a first floor. It was small but sufficient. He could have considered staying at his father's friend Raheja uncle's place. But he did not want to depend on anyone or cause any problem to them. Moreover he couldn't stay at someone's place for that long. More than that he wanted to prove it to himself that he was good enough for handling things himself. 

As he walked down the recently snow cleared way he felt glad he had convinced Anika to stay back at home. She would have frozen at this place. He remembered what a drama she put up at Manali, when they had gone for their honeymoon. Ultimately, making her drink brandy was the found solution. One entire day was wasted because of her cold- war with the weather. Not that he minded because that only meant more of them together. 

Inhaling a deep breath he walked faster. The gym wasn't that far from his apartment. He usually walked it that way a little warm up was done. Though in all honesty if one was to ask Shivaay, he'd only say it was freezing up. There was nothing warm about walking early in the morning from his apartment to gym. But he had got used to it now. Initially he had been sick the first few days. Anika was so worried every time he called. She'd get mad at him for not taking care. A mere thought of her and he had a smile on his face. She'd be surprised to find her husband having all toned muscles and physique. 

But the past few days made him mad at himself more than her. It had been four weeks to the argument and she hadn't spoken to him properly after that. He couldn't blame her. He shouldn't have yelled. But she should have understood what he meant. Anyways. When she'd see him he knew in the blink of an eye she'd forget everything and run to him. Oh he wished that moment was soon. He missed her terribly. She certainly was the best wife ever. Despite her anger she made it a point to ask him about his health and if he was eating well. 

He waved at the old doorman and the man smiled at him cordially. "Morning Oberoi!"

"Morning Douglas!" 

"What's with that smile this morning young man?" The old white haired fellow asked grinning at Shivaay.

Shivaay's smile got wider. "Simply!"

"Huh, come on. Tell me the name of the lady, young man!"

"Anika!" Shivaay grinned.

"Anika! Nice name. Girlfriend?"

He laughed nodding. "Nope. Wife!"

"Oh wonderful!"

"Have a great day Douglas!"

"You too Oberoi!"