Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity

The next morning Shivaay woke up to his screaming phone. He had cut the call twice, but the third time he opened his eyes frustrated. He tried moving and realised the wait on his shoulder and chest. She had been over him the entire night. He couldn't sleep till late. Neither could she. They were just lying in each other's arms waiting for sleep to take over. She soon slept but kept hugging him in sleep. He couldn't see her so devastated. His strong wife was so broken and torn apart. He had to fix her. He had to fix them. 

He rolled his eyes as the phone disturbed his gazing session. He picked it up and the caller id made his eyes go wide –"Mom". Oh shoot! She would have landed a few hours ago. He had been updated that their flight had been delayed. 

He squeezed his eyes to see the time."oh No!" It was already nine. Slamming his eyes shut he picked the call. As he expected multiple questions were shot at him without a proper hello.

"Mom, relax. My phone was – was in the study. " he came up with a quick excuse. He had put it on Don't Disturb mode for a few hours yesterday night. "No. No. Listen Mom...Anika's phone--" he looked around. "It's battery would have died. No. Mom, we did not sleep late. " he lied pressing the bridge of his nose. Why hadn't his mother considered being in the interrogation team of the CBI or CID?

Sometimes he wondered why his mother was so interested in teasing them. To make sure things were okay between the two? Or was she roughly estimating the chances of by when she'd be a grandmother?

"Mom. Is dad around?" He asked frustrated. He could hear his dad laugh. Thank God. Shakti took the phone from Pinky and told him that they had checked in to the hotel and that everything was perfect. They had also met the guide Shivaay had pre-booked for them and that she was approved by Pinky. Quickly they bid a goodbye. Before Pinky could get to scolding them for sleeping late.

He kept his phone aside and stared at his wife sleeping. She was now sleeping facing the other side. A heavy wave passed his heart. He bent forward and kissed her temple delicately. He was about this get off the bed when Anika suddenly got up and got to the washroom before him. He laughed, typical Anika. She loved beating him to it. He laughed remembering how they used to playfully fight over who should use the washroom first in the first month of their marriage. "Anika, the latch isn't a working one. Hurry up or I can enter anyway." He shouted. He heard her chide. Grinning he got of the bed stretching himself.

* * *

Shivaay had spent the day with Anika at home. It was a Friday he had cleared his agenda for the day. She had done the same. They spent time together. He helped her with the cooking, later they went for a walk to buy some ice cream. Later in the afternoon, after having their lunch and sundae they sat looking over their respective work. Anika was done in half an hour. She looked at him reading a document. She laid her head on his lap, he looked down at her surprised. "Keep working." She smiled. He gently stroked his fingers through her hair. She closed her eyes loving this new found peace. It was like a heavyweight that had been pulling her down was lifted off her heart.

Shivaay kept the file aside after few minutes and watched her. She had slept. He did not want to disturb her. He leaned against the bed rest and closed his eyes while his hand remained on her head.