Chapter 13 - Still In Love

"Need help? " he offered as Anika sat packing her stuff after the evening tea. 

"No. I m fine. Oh yes your clothes, they are--" she hadn't taken them out yet. He was wearing what he had got. He preferred more formal colors and she hadn't seen him dress in just pants and shirt, there was always a blazer or coat. 

"I don't think I'd wear them again. Just keep a few and leave the remaining?" 

"Hmm."

"Let me help you." he said sitting beside her. He picked up one of her tops and started folding it.

"Shivaay - I will do it. It's fine. Really!"

"No problem, I will help."

"It's not required Shivaay. I will do it. "

He looked into her eyes. "Alright if you don't like it - fine." He said irritated, although trying not to express it. But his words sort of did.

Anika felt bad for putting him off like that. She saw him take his laptop and sit at the other side of the bed. He outstreched his legs and then put a pillow over his thighs and then placed the laptop over it. She could see he was pissed. But he looked adorable. It had been a while she saw him like that. She silently continued packing. Thoughts of leaving this home, once again clouding her mind.

Half an hour later he go up and went in for a shower. Anika quickly decided to go down and see what Pinky's dinner plans were. She placed the suitcase on the side and hurriedly shut the door of the cupboard on the way out. Well, yes she did not want another awkward moment when he came out of shower. But how long would this go on? He knew she was angry. Still had the nerves to pretend like nothing happened. Urgh.

Did he really not know how much his decisions and everything he had done hurt her? 

Anika entered a while later, to find him dressed in an armani suit. He was working on the pitch black tie against the white shirt. Oh he was going out! He hadn't told her that. Of course he was irritated. God, he was struggling. She looked at the other ties, they were all knotted. Why couldn't he save the struggle and wear one of those. Maybe he was in mood for black. Stubborn man! 

She went around the room picking up the neatly ironed clothes and putting them in place. She saw him from the corner of his eyes. He was trying hard but failing miserably. Look at that face! If the tie was a person it had been strangled to death multiple times. She was sure he would tear the tie down in two minutes if he didn't get it right. 

She walked over to him slowly and gently placed her hand on his elbow turning him.

"I am doing it." He said in an easy tone but his indifference was evident.

"I can see!" She commented her fingers reaching up to the tie around is collar. Focusing her eyes on the tie she slowly straightened it first and then putting it around went on to knot it. They could hear each other breathe. Anika tried hard to keep her attention restricted to the task in hand and not his prying eyes.