↠ 3

Your keys jingled in hand as you reached the back door of the small coffee shop you work at. You checked the door first and found it to be opened. "Oh, Yuto must be here early." You mumbled and entered the shop and you were right.

Yuto was arranging the baked good onto their designated sheets. He looked up and smiled brightly. "Morning, Y/N!"

"Good morning, Yuto!" You smiled brightly at his happy demeanor.

You quickly went into the small employee lounge and placed your backpack into your cubicle. Your hands automatically went to the small string ribbon on your white buttoned shirt, tightening it. The work outfit was cute. A plain white buttoned long sleeve, black shoes or boots and a choice of black pants or a skirt.

Today was a pants kind of day.

Hurrying, you went out to the kitchen. "Are there any more in the oven?" You questioned.

Yuto shook his head, his blonde curls bouncing with the movement. "Nope, I just finished them all."

"Damn." You rose an eyebrow. "How early did you get here?"

He paused with a cupcake in hand. "Um, maybe about five this morning?" Then he placed the cupcake onto an empty space on the sheet.

You blinked then glanced at the clock. The time showed that it was now 7:25 a.m. "Why did you even come so early? You've been here for three hours!"

The young adult sheepishly smiled. "I couldn't sleep last night."

"I swear you need to take care of yourself more!" You scolded the same aged co-worker.

"Hey you too!" Yuto defended. "Don't think I notice the lack of sleep." He then poked right under your left eye. All you could do was sigh in defeat. He was right as well. "Now help me put these in the display case." Yuto said, grabbing two trays.

You nodded, grabbing two more and following him out to the front of the shop. You waited while Yuto placed the trays full of steaming goods into the cases before handing him the two you had. Then you went back to get more.

Around 7:50, the two of you thought it was a good idea to open up the shop as there was a long line outside. "You ready?" Yuto asked, holding out his fist for a fist bump.

"Yep!" You returned the gesture and unlocked the front door. You opened the door and smiled. "Good morning and welcome everybody!" The people smiled and began to go into the shop either sitting down at the tables or standing in line for to grab something to go. You then took out your trusty notepad. "Alright, let's finish the shift."

Two hours later, you swear you couldn't feel your legs anymore. You glanced at the clock. There were only 10 more minutes of your shift before you head off to your class. Yuto looked at you with amusement.

"Only ten more minutes and then we gotta head out." He only said while serving another customer.

You could only nod as the back door from the kitchen swung open. All you did was glance over at the five co-workers that took over the next shift. Usually, it was just you and Yuto who took over the early shift and sometimes another person. The two of you work well together and thus had two people working in one shift.

You had just finished placing a sweet tart in front of a lady. "Please enjoy." You said and did a slight bow. She replied with a "thank you" and a smile. At that moment, you happened to glance at the clock and noticed your shift was over.

Yuto must have done the same thing as he headed towards the back with you following into the employee's room. You quickly grabbed your bag and hung up your apron into your designated cubicle. The both of you waved at a worker in the kitchen placing more goods onto trays and started your way to university.