↠ 9

That night, Hobi walked you to your apartment complex. He didn't want you to be alone at night after what had happened at the park. People were saying that the woman was getting mugged and had put up a fight. It just didn't seem real.

You arrived at your building and turned to face the man. "Thanks for walking me home."

"It's no problem at all." He smiled, although it wasn't one of his happiest smiles. "I'm just glad that you're safe. I'll see you?"

"Yeah. Thank you again, bye." You replied and walked into your complex.

You glanced back to see Hoseok disappearing into the night. You made it back into your apartment safely. That night you weren't able to sleep well at all.

You covered your mouth when you yawned, not wanting the customers to see. "Sheesh," Yuto scanned you. "Did you even sleep last night? Were you out that late with that guy?" Then his eyes widened. "Don't tell me. You slept with him?"

"What? No!" You slapped his arm. "I didn't sleep last night!"

Yuto only sent you a grin and then tended to one of the customers that came up to the counter. You were about to go to the floor to take more orders when you were stopped.

"Excuse me? Could I order?"

You paused and looked over at the voice. He was a tall man, wearing a long brown coat and a black shirt. His hair was a gray ashy brown almost hidden by the baseball cap.

"Sure! What can I get you?" It was silent for a whole minute as the man just stared at you. You could barely see his cheeks flare up with red. "Um, sir?"

He blinked. "O-Oh. Um, can I get a, um, a medium Americano and a large chocolate frappe? A-And two chocolate chip cookies?"

"Yep," you took out the medium and large cups and whipped a black marker from your apron. "Names?"

"Yoongi on the medium and Namjoon on the large." He replied.

You quickly scribbled on the cup and placed them down on the counter. Yuto just finished with his customer and grabbed the cups, reading on what type of coffee he needed to make. You grabbed a disposable sheet of plastic and opened up the case. You still felt the man's eyes on you as you grabbed two cookies and placed them in a little bag.

Yuto had already placed the cups into a cup carrier and left it on the counter. The man placed the money on the counter. You slid the carrier over to him and gave him the bag. "Here you go! Enjoy!"

He grabbed the carrier and his fingers slightly brushed yours. "Thank you." He smiled and a deep dimple formed. "Oh my, a dimple? Dimples are the cutest thing in this world!" You thought as you smiled back at him.

Then he turned around and left the cafe. You stared for a bit after he left and then started to take out your notepad from your apron. Quickly, you placed the money in the register.

"Wow, after another guy than the one from yesterday?" Yuto said out of nowhere and clicked his tongue. "Stop dreaming about boys and get back to work."

You only shot him a glare. "I'm not, weirdo!" And then you took off to the customers waiting at the tables, while hearing Yuto laugh.

After walking a short distance away from the cafe, Namjoon leaned against a wall. He could feel that his face was still flushed and he rested a hand on his heart. "My mate..." He let out a small giggle. He just felt so giddy.

He started to walk home, a smile never leaving his face the whole time.

Namjoon somehow made it back to the pack house without tripping or dropping the coffee at all. Well, he did trip a few times, but managed to catch himself. He let himself in, ignoring Jin who was in the kitchen and the maknae line in the living room, and made his way upstairs.

He lightly knocked on the door to Yoongi, who muttered a "come in." Namjoon let himself in and walked to the older male who took off his headphones. "Coffee?" Namjoon mumbled and handed Yoongi the large coffee.

The white blonde male blinked at the wrong coffee in his hand. "Um, Namjoon? This is yours."

The younger male slowly snapped out of his daze. "Oh really?" He then placed Yoongi's cup on the desk and grabbed the other cup in the older man's hand. Then he left, not before accidentally hitting the doorway and closing the door.

"What's wrong with him?" Yoongi mumbled. He glanced at the paper cup in his hand. The black marker read his name. He had to double-check. As he brought the cup to his lips, he paused. The paper cup smelled a little different and it smelled good. Though the smell of coffee was stronger. He shrugged it off and drank from the cup.

Later that night it was Yoongi and Taehyung on patrol. They both went to their designated spots to change. Yoongi took off his clothes, stashing them in the little open spot at the base of a tree. His body started to warm up and suddenly his body was starting to transform. Black fur sprouted from his skin and his bones cracked and moved into place.

Less than a minute later, a black wolf with a white chest was standing in place. Yoongi huffed and stepped out of the treeline only to be met with a gray and white wolf. His coat was mainly gray with the exception of white on his paws and a bit on his back.

"Ready, hyung? Let's take the east first!"  Taehyung wagged his tail.

"Really?" Yoongi tilted his head. "Near the back of the city?"

"Yeah. It's recently new so we gotta check it out." Taehyung replied.

Yoongi nodded. "Alright, let's go."

Taehyung barked and then took off into the night. Yoongi huffed but still followed him through the dark. They ran past trees in a flash, their paws hitting the earth. About five minutes later, they were near the recent development. The older male has never been here before. He was only familiar with the older part of the city, the pack house in the middle of the forest of the two developments and just the forest.

The two wolves stalked along, switching their gaze back and forth. Yoongi paused for a moment, catching the sign of a shop that sold musical instruments. Maybe he would stop there tomorrow... Then he carried on walking only to bump into Taehyung.

He simply looked at Taehyung's face whose eyes seemed to sparkle and his tail wagging. Yoongi followed his line of sight. What he saw made his heart skip a beat. It was a woman. She was walking down the sidewalk that was close to the forest line. She looked straight ahead and looked like she just got off work. Her hair was messy and clothes wrinkled but Yoongi found that more appealing.

He wanted to go and claim her. "My mate..." Then he had to tear his gaze away to glance at Taehyung who was still admiring her. "Wait," The older male thought to himself. "Is she his mate? What the hell does that mean?" His thoughts became jumbled that he didn't notice Taehyung sprinting forward and walking with her.

When he did notice, Yoongi snapped out of it and followed him. He felt nervous. What does it mean when two werewolves have the same mate? Tae simply watched her go into an apartment complex and like if he was under a spell, he came back to reality.

"Was that your mate? You didn't even hear me call you, did you?" Yoongi had to confirm it. He just had to.

Taehyung jumped. "Um, yes. She's my mate. I just feel like I'm in a daze y'know?"

"She got a name?"  He knew he shouldn't get involved with Taehyung's mate, but she was his too.

"Y/N. Her name is Yoon Y/N. Isn't it pretty?" His tail wagged again.

"Yeah, very pretty." Yoongi glanced once more towards the building before gesturing his head to the forest to continue. Taehyung got the message as he nodded his head. Yoongi took off first and he heard the younger male follow. He needed to run. He was still trying to clear his thoughts.