↠ 4

The number of people in the cafe started to dwindle until there was about four people including the mysterious man. He had already order two more slices after the first one he ordered earlier. In about an hour, your shift was about to end.

You were like a hawk, watching everyone and going to their aid if they needed something. Then your eyes landed back on the sunshine man. He cleared his plate and you went over. "Are you finished?" You smiled.

He nodded. "Ah thank you, Y/N."

It was the first time he ever said your name and you got a chill running down your spine. "Ah, um, you're welcome." You stumbled over your words.

His brown eyes widened. "I'm sorry! Did I make you uncomfortable?"

"Mm, no. It just startled me, that's all. I mean after all that's what it says on my name tag." You gave an apologetic smile.

He nodded. "Well, to get even, my name is Jung Hoseok."

You blinked at the man. Was he just this friendly? "Oh, nice to meet you then, Hoseok." You smiled and bowed.

Hoseok also bowed at you. "You too. You can also call me Hobi if you want, since that's what my friends also call me."

"Ah, okay, Hobi."

He smiled brightly and once again the tips of his ears were starting to turn red. "W-Well, I have to get going then, um, how much?"

"Ah, around 15000 won, please."

Hoseok slipped his wallet out and grabbed about 20000 won. Then he handed it to you.

Your eyes widened. "Um, are you sure? This is a bit much..." You were starting to hand back the change when he shook his head.

"Nope, it's just a tip." He grinned the sunshine smile.

From the happy smile on his face, you felt your cheeks start to warm up a little. "Oh, okay, thank you very much!"

Hoseok hummed. "Bye (Y/N)." He grabbed his sports bag and headed out of the shop.

You watched him then back to the money in your hand. "Well, he seems really nice..." You placed the money in your apron pocket and started clearing up his table. "He'll probably come back tomorrow again."

You took the plates into the back of the kitchen and left them in the sink. Then headed back out to the front and placed exactly the amount Hoseok owed into the register. A glance at the clock showed it was now 2:30 p.m. Only 1 more hour before you got off your shift.

The hour went by fast and now you were walking besides Yuto heading towards your apartment building. The two of you strike up a conversation about the day when he suddenly got a call. He smiled apologetically at you before whipping out his phone and answering it.

You tuned out, not wanting to be nosy and listen in on his conversation. You admired the recent development and how it was slowly starting to expand. Across the street, they were constructing a tall building. It was possibly more apartments as the small city was starting to expand.

"Hey, Y/N?" Yuto called out.

"Hm, yeah?" You turned back at him to see that he stopped, leaving a small gap between.

"Do you mind walking by yourself? My brother just called and says there was a family emergency." He explained.

You rose an eyebrow, slightly worrying for him. "I don't mind, go and take care of that!"

"Thank you," He smiled. "Now be careful walking back and call me if there's anything suspicious-"

You laughed it off. "I'm fine, don't worry. Now go." You shooed him away.

Yuto smiled and then patted your head. "Careful." Then he took off, leaving you alone. You simply watched him run until he disappeared around the corner.

A soft breeze gently swished the leaves everywhere. You continued on and once you neared your apartment building, you felt uncomfortable. There was something that felt like someone was watching you. You glanced around and saw no one but just a few people walking. None of them were looking in your direction.

Hurriedly, you went inside the complex and took the stairs today. Luckily, your apartment was on the second floor. You automatically got your keys out of your bag, looked around to see if anyone was following you and unlocked the door. You closed the door and locked it. "Maybe I shouldn't have done a horror movie marathon last week." You thought as your went to your bedroom.

"Hiya Davey." You smiled at the single betta fish in his tank. His tank sat on your desk, in front of the window. You glanced outside to see people walking down on the sidewalk and a blue sky. "Yeah, I shouldn't have watched all those movies. It just caught up to me." You told yourself and turned away from the window.