↠ 8

Sunday. Here you were walking to the park to meet up with Hoseok. The evening was warm; nothing too chilly or hot. You were wearing ripped jeans, Converse and a plain black short sleeved shirt. It was a simple outfit. Plus a small bag to hold your phone and cash.

You arrived at the park and searched for the bubbly guy. He spotted you before you did.

"Y/N!"

You turned around and spotted Hoseok running right up to you before stopping. "I'm glad you came!" He was smiling brightly. "Oh! Here ya go!" He handed you the ticket to get in the area.

"Thank you. I'm glad you invited me." You smile at him.

It was hard to tell in the setting colors, but it looked like he blushed. He hummed at you. "Well, let's go!" He grabbed your hand and began walking towards the line waiting to get in. His big hand felt very warm and it was comforting.

The area for the small festival was in a confined space as the whole purpose was to help raise money for the one of the school's programs. Between the spaces of people, you could see stalls filled with food and very small games. All the while, you kept on holding onto Hoseok's hand.

Once you got near the entrance, the two of you handed in your tickets before heading in. You looked around at the various food stalls that held food.

"Did you want something?" Hoseok asked you.

"Um, yeah. Let me just go buy some churros." You pointed at the booth that was surprisingly empty.

Without saying a word, Hoseok pulled you over and smiled at the worker. "Could I get three bags of churros?"

It was only then that you felt Hoseok pull his hand away to retrieve his money.

"Ah wait!" You said and grabbed his hand. "Let me at least pay for-"

"No, no." Hoseok gripped your hand and smiled cutely. The type of smile where it scrunched up his eyes. "Let me just pay, okay?"

You were stunned and pondering on how cute can a person be that you were snapped out of thinking when a bag of food was in front of you. You awkwardly took the bag. "Are you sure? I'll give you money..."

"Yes, I'm sure. It's okay." He reassured. "Why don't we go watch the concert while we eat?"

"Okay and thank you!" You smiled and began eating one of the churros. The two of you walked over to a medium space for a stage. It was crowded and you accidentally bumped into a lady who was wearing face paint of a butterfly on her cheek. You said "excuse me," and she just waved it off, continuing on her way. Hoseok grabbed onto your hand and tugged you along. There were no bleachers so you two settled on the ground, near a tree.

While waiting for the performance to start, you two were striking up a conversation. You learned more about him and you can say that he could be a friend. His bubbly personality was adorable and it just made you happy. Suddenly, lights on the stage started to dance and a local band was on the make-shift stage.

Drumsticks clicked in the air before music started blasting throughout speakers. Music filled the air, people were singing along and smiling. You were starting to get into it as well. The small concert was going strong for thirty minutes until a scream filled the air.

Suddenly, the band stopped performing, curious on what was happening and then multiple screams came from the right side of the park. People started to flee or run towards the scene. "What happened?" You quietly asked, starting to get up.

"Wait." Hoseok gripped onto your wrist. You looked back at him and you felt your heart stop for a second. Instead of a that cheerful person, there was something different. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were dark as if he was a predator searching for prey. "We have to get out of here."

Then he quickly began walking away. "H-Hoseok!" You called out to him.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

"She's bleeding!"

Those were the only things you heard as Hobi tried to push through the mass of people. You just only followed him, his hand never leaving your wrist. At first, his grip was warm, but it continued to tighten and your hand started to feel numb.

"Hoseok!" You snapped at him, your other hand trying to get his hand off.

He jumped and immediately released your hand. He turned around quickly. "I'm sorry! I just didn't want you to be here." His eyes were focused on your wrist. "Did I hurt you?" He whispered.

"It just feels numb." You rubbed your wrist.

By now, a group of paramedics were rushing towards the scene with a stretcher. They flew passed the both of you. Hoseok gently grabbed your hand and rubbed your sensitive skin with his thumb. "I'm sorry."

You looked up at him. He looked like a kicked puppy with eyes downward and only a trace of a frown on his face. You just didn't like him looking at that. "It's fine," you reassured. "I'll get feeling back."

The sounds of gasps resounded around you too. As the paramedics rushed by, you saw a lady on the stretcher. More specifically the woman earlier who had bumped into you; the one with the butterfly on her cheek.