↠ 15

Once the clock struck the time you were supposed to get off, you immediately went straight to Yuto. "You're still coming tonight, right?"

He looked up from the register. "Yeah sure. I won't be late, I promise."

You smiled at him and left him to go to the back. You grabbed your things and stepped outside. Then you headed to your apartment. There was only a few people walking around so it wasn't too crowded or anything. While waiting at the crosswalk, you just happened to be looking around until you froze as you saw the same man from the cafe earlier.

He was across the street and was also waiting at the other crosswalk. You continued to stare at him in slight worry. Maybe he felt someone's gaze on him because he turned his head right your way. You quickly looked forward and saw that the light signaled to change.

Walking a bit fast, you crossed and snuck a glance at the man, only to find him staring right at you. 'Oh no. What if he recognizes? Damn it, I'm still wearing my work clothes.' You thought as you sped up your pace.

You took one more glance to see that he was slowly keeping pace with you on the other side of the street. His eyes met yours and now you felt scared. Your hand slowly slipped into your bag to retrieve your phone when someone literally ran into you.

You were thrown off balance but suddenly the person's hand shot out and grabbed your arm. "Sorry, Y/N! I thought you would have seen me."

Your eyes met with Hoseok's eyes. "Hoseok!"

Gently, Hoseok helped you stand on your two feet. "Uh, thanks." You said and peeked from the perspective of your eyes. You saw the man stand still, his eyes looked at you then trailed over Hoseok. A look of shock crossed his face.

"Y/N? You okay?" Hobi called out.

You snapped away and looked directly at his face. "Um, yeah! I'm totally fine."

He raised an eyebrow and looked at his surroundings. Then his eyes fell back on your face. "You sure? Looks like you've seen a ghost or something."

"Yep, I'm fine." You thought that his two friends would be beside him but they were nowhere to be found. 'Why am I so bad at remembering names? Yoogy? Yoonki? Yoongi?' You thought to yourself. "Uh, where's Taehyung and Yoongi? I thought they were still with you."

He clenched his jaw, "Oh them? They decided they were tired and headed back to our house."

"You guys live together?" You questioned and took one more look to your side only to find that the mysterious man was gone.

"Yeah. It's just us three." Hobi smiled a little. "You heading home?"

"Yeah." You responded back and smiled.

Hoseok nodded. "Nice, I'll see you later, ok?" He grinned once more.

"Alright, bye." You waved and walked past him. You felt Hoseok's eyes on you and to confirm it, you glanced back. Maybe you were wrong as Hoseok wasn't there anymore. Your heart thumped in your chest.

'Maybe I'm just paranoid...' You thought as you neared your apartment building. 'Yeah. I just freaked out...'

Two hours later, you were waiting for Yuto to drop by. You slightly pouted as you looked at the time on your phone again. It was only 45 minutes ago that he should have gotten off. You sighed as you focused on the drama you were watching. Earlier you made sure that the cake was perfect and stuck some candles in it.

You opened up your messaging app and looked at the message you last sent. That was over 15 minutes ago and all you did was send a little reminder to him. He still hasn't responded back. Perhaps he was still working late there?

You got up, got you bag with phone inside and grabbed your keys. You locked the door on your way out and made your way downstairs. Now, Yuto was known to at least show up on time and the latest he's ever been was at least 10 minutes. You were just highly worried.

The night was approaching fast. There was maybe a couple of people out, enjoying the night scene. However, you looked ahead and quickened your steps to the cafe. Maybe it was too much work and he forgot to reply back?

Your paranoia was eating at you.

Only a few minutes later and you were now at the cafe. Though it was highly strange. Inside was pitch black. You even took a peek inside and saw nothing at all. Everything was the same. So, where the hell was Yuto?

You bit your lip and headed towards the back and saw nothing out of the usual. You tried the back door and it was locked. Did he just forget?

You whipped your phone out of your bag and opened up the messaging app. The app showed that he hasn't even read it yet. Then you decided to send him another message.

To: Yuto (more like dad)

Hey, where are you? I'm getting really worried. Please text me back :(

You clutched your phone in hand as you went back to the front of the store. Over the time that was spent, night has started to take over and now the streetlights were coming on. The street was mostly deserted except for a group of young girls giggling and heading towards a car. Then your phone beeped, scaring you a bit.

From: Yuto (more like dad)

I'm so sorry. My brother has gotten really sick and he needs me here. I double promise that I will be there tomorrow. Please forgive me. :(

To: Yuto (more like dad)

Oh, no it's fine! I'll just be heading home since I thought you were still here at the cafe.

You let out a sigh of relief. Sure, it did hurt that he didn't text you to let you know where he was, but family comes first. Now, you would have to hurry home before the cake melted. Then your phone beeped once more.

From: Yuto (more like dad)

To: Y/N

Wait, you're outside the cafe? Hurry and get home. It's dangerous at night with all those things happening. Text me when you're home.

You softly smiled at his protectiveness. You put your phone away and started walking home until you paused at the loud noise that echoed around the night.

Earlier, the sun had just gone down and now the seven member pack was outside, warming up to do a border patrol as a whole group. Everyone was stretching or popping their stiff muscles, trying to make it easier for them to shift.

Namjoon looked at everyone. "Are we ready?"

The pack nodded in agreement before walking into their designated spots to put their clothes away. They stripped their clothes off and now only the sounds of bones cracking filled the air. A moment of silence passed by before it was interrupted by low grunts. Wolves emerged from the treeline.

"Let's start, shall we?" A taller than average wolf about the size of a grown man spoke through the mind link. His golden brown eyes scanned the members. His fur was a dark gray with the color black decorating his ears, muzzle, chest and legs.

"Ready!" A smaller than average wolf barked out. His brown eyes were excited and only a blur of gray streaked passed the others. The wolves followed him, paws hitting the ground and they melted into the evening.

Also, happy birthday to Yoongi! :D