↠ 6

The next day, Hoseok woke up to knocking on his door. Actually it was more of a pounding that was threatening the door to break under the pressure. He got up and yawned; wondering who was knocking. He ruffled his hair and walked towards the door. The pounding never stopped once.

Hoseok opened the door to see Taehyung with his fist raised in the air. "Morning! Are you ready to go?" He smiled and let his fist drop.

"Go where?" Hobi questioned while rubbing his eyes.

Tae leaned in and whispered. "To go see your mate! What else would we be doing?"

Hoseok blinked then looked at the clock on his dresser. The numbers read 11:30 a.m. Then he turned back around. "She's not even there! Her shift starts around one!"

Taehyung blinked. "I thought you said around twelve!"

"Just meet me outside in thirty minutes." Hobi sighed while he closed his door.

Tae just huffed and went to do something that kept him busy for the next half hour. That meant finding any food that was in the cabinets.

Half an hour later, Hobi and Tae were now walking through the new area development area. The older male watched the younger look at everything in excitement. "This area looks nice," He commented. "It feels very fresh here."

Hobi hummed in agreement. The two of them were now starting to near the coffee shop. Hoseok could feel his stomach in flips and was starting to get nervous once more. He looked at Tae. "You ready?"

Tae nodded happily. They went into the shop and Hobi guided the younger one to an unoccupied booth. He saw Tae looking around wildly. "So, where is she?"

"She'll probably be here soon." He replied and rolled his eyes. "Just calm down."

Taehyung chuckled and cast his gaze towards the delicious looking treats they kept in the display case. He took a whiff of the air to smell the baked goods, coffee, tea and something so wonderful that his heart was starting to race. Wait.

The male blinked in confusion. He was smelling something so wonderful that he needed to go find it. Tae could feel his inner animal becoming restless. "A mate?" He thought only to himself.

"Tae?" Hoseok snapped his fingers in front of his face.

Taehyung was slightly startled and looked at his friend. "Ah, sorry I was eyeing that piece of pie over there." He jerked a thumb towards the case.

"They have really good pies here." Hoseok agreed. Suddenly, his posture changed as he sat up straight a smile was etched on his face. Taehyung was about to ask what was wrong when he caught the scent. It was coming closer.

"Good afternoon," A voice spoke up.

Tae whipped his attention to see a beautiful girl standing there. He could feel his heart pound against his chest and the world disappearing around them. His body now felt very warm and a low rumbled resounded within in his body. His mate.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked him.

"I-I'm fine," His voice was deep. "Just a little cough."

"Ah," She replied. "I'll give you two a few minutes then." She set the menus down and walked away. Taehyung's eyes followed her as he inhaled her scent.

"She's pretty, isn't she?" Hoseok asked, while looking at you with adoration.

"Huh?" Taehyung was whipped out from his stare to look at Hoseok. "Y-Yeah, she is."