↠ 23

After you got dressed into a dark green tee and dark blue jeans, you were ready. You went down the stairs to see that all of them were there. You could see Hoseok, Seokjin and Taehyung visibly upset.

"What's wrong with you three?" You questioned them.

"They drew the three shortest straws and get to stay here to protect the house!" Jimin said with a hint of a teasing tone in his voice.

Hoseok glared at him. Though Seokjin and Taehyung flat out looked like they were going to kill him.

"Uh, let's get going!" Jungkook started to direct the party outside.

"Bye!" Jimin waved at the three sulking ones and started to usher you out. You were unable to say anything to them as Jimin and Jungkook ushered you to a nice car. They growled at each other as they tried to get to the backseat first.

Yoongi had already unlocked the car doors and they still continued to growl at each other. Wow. Deciding you weren't going to sit beside them, you yelled 'shotgun' and got into the passenger's seat. Blankly, they stared at you until Namjoon also got into backseat though he was in the one behind the passenger seat. Reluctantly, they got into the backseat as Yoongi got into the driver's seat.

"Hey hyung," Jimin leaned forward with the most innocent smile on his face. "Can I drive?"

Yoongi scowled at him as he started the car. "No, you almost crashed the car last time. You don't even have your license."

Jimin sulked as you heard Namjoon hiding his laughter behind his hand. "Hyung," Jungkook eyed the Alpha. "I wouldn't be laughing if I were you."

Namjoon shut up quickly as you stifled a laugh at him. Yoongi rolled his eyes as he drove towards the road. "We'll go ahead and head back to your apartment, just in case we missed anything." He simply said and started driving.

You nodded until you realized you may have sort of forgot about your best friend. Plus you also noticed that you left your phone back in the room you were staying in. "Can I borrow one of your phones please?" You asked the guys.

There was a bit of shuffling before a Jungkook literally held Jimin's arm down and held out his phone. "Use mine!"

"Thank you." You took it and looked to see that it was already unlocked. You tapped the phone icon and dialed in Yuto's numbers. Surprisingly, his phone number and your mom's were the only ones you managed to remember. You held the phone up to your ear as it continued ringing. Everything was a bit awkward. Yoongi had turned up the radio to mask the conversations the boys were having as the phone continued ringing. Then it went to voicemail.

You peeled it away and ended it. You exited out of the app and handed it back to Jungkook. "Thanks."

Jungkook smiled his cute little bunny smile. "No problem. Use it anytime you want."

The car ride was quite enjoyable. Everyone kept the conversations interesting to say the least. It went from activities everyone liked doing, to singing and the discussion about aliens. You're still not even sure how the conversation went there either.

At last, Yoongi found a parking spot in front of your apartment complex. All of you got out and the guys were happily escorting you to the entrance. But you just had to ask them for confirmation. "You guys took me here to get me out of there, didn't you?"

"Yes, though we won't explain our reasoning." Namjoon said. "Please don't worry about that right now."

You accepted that. Immediately once you entered, you went straight up the stairs and went back to your apartment. Now you sort of felt stupid. Did you even have the key? Before you can say anything, Jimin held out your key.

"I took it." He said.

You grabbed it from him and unlocked the door. Namjoon placed a hand on your shoulder. "Wait here for a moment." He gave a look to everyone and went inside first. You were going to ask the others when Yoongi spoke up. "He's just checking."

You nodded and a few moments later, Namjoon came back. "Come on in."

All of you went in and to your surprise, it looked normal. Well, minus the fact that on the coffee table, there was no cake or gift, like the other day. "When you came earlier, did you clean up too?"

Namjoon and Yoongi looked at each other. "No," Yoongi said. "We just came in and grabbed some clothes for you. Why? Something missing?" He looked around.

"I guess?" You replied, unsure. "I left a cake and a gift for my friend here on the table." You pointed at your coffee table.

"There was no cake or gift bag on your table." Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "At least I don't remember seeing or smelling one."

"Me either. Jimin?" Yoongi turned to the younger one.

Jimin stared at the coffee table. "Yeah, I think I remember seeing the cake and bag on the table when I was here from, uh, that time."

There was some slight tension in the air. If they were in their wolf form, you expect their fur to be raised. Jungkook was the first one to say something and it was directed towards you. "Check around and see if there's anything else that you need."

You only nodded and went to your bedroom. You weren't sure if they noticed but you left the door cracked to be able to hear anything else they might say. Sure, it was definitely eavesdropping but you had to know.

The boys didn't say anything so you looked around your room, looking for some things. The first one was a picture frame of your family. It was sentimental and who knows if some vampires were stalking your apartment and they'd find out about your parents. You casually checked around, trying to see if you needed anything else. It seems when Namjoon and Yoongi were here earlier, there was nothing that they didn't take. Then you froze when you heard their voices float in from the living room. You stayed still for a moment, listening.

"I don't like this one bit." Jungkook said.

"Me too." Jimin agreed. "What do they want with our Y/N?" He growled.

"Is it because we killed one of the elites like you suggested?" Yoongi asked.

You imagined Namjoon shrugging a shoulder. "Maybe. I'm not sure."

"When I rescued her," Jungkook spoke up. "It was feeding on her. Is it because of her blood?"

They were silent for a moment. "That could be it. Maybe her blood attracts vampires. It's probably sweet or something like that." Yoongi said in disgust.

"Maybe..." Namjoon agreed.

"Should we also set up a perimeter here too?" Jungkook asked.

"We would have to do it!" Jimin tried his best to yell quietly but you could still hear it clearly.

"Shh!" Jungkook shushed.

"We'll decide later." Namjoon stated. "We need to talk to everyone."

You weren't sure what happened after that. You just had to assume that the boys agreed with the Alpha. Quickly, you looked over your bedroom and noticed the stuffed animal on your bed. The Corgi that Jin had gotten you. You grabbed it and walked out of room to be met with the boys. "I think you guys got everything."

All of them had smiles on their faces but it wasn't right.