Chapter 49

It's been three months since they started Sana's chemotherapy treatment and it was very painful for her body because they adjusted the dosage way higher than before that affected her entire system. Sana's health deteriorated dramatically and Tzuyu is having a hard time seeing Sana suffer from this. Those loud groans and sobs coming from Sana due to severe pain surely breaks her heart.

Hospital became their home. They quickly went back to America to continue her treatment after staying at Greece for a week. There are times that they allow them to go home but Sana's immune system is down and she's not allowed to go out at all. She feels isolated that worsen her depression but knowing that Tzuyu is always there beside her, she's trying her best to be strong.

"I want you to count until you fall asleep" The Doctor ordered to Sana before injecting general anesthesia for her to fall asleep. They will inject another spinal chemo injection on her back that is extremely painful.

Tzuyu then hold Sana's hand while the Doctor is fixing the apparatuses. Both of them stared at each other's eyes as the Doctor began to push through it. Instead of counting numbers, Sana decided to say 'I love you' to Tzuyu.

"I love you, Tzuyu. I love you, Tzuyu. I love you, Tzuyu. I love you, Tzuyu"

"I love you too, Sana"

"I love you, Tzuyu. I love you, Tzuyu" she then continued to say it until she fell asleep.

"She'll be fine" The Doctor tapped Tzuyu's shoulder as they quickly fixed Sana's unconscious body. They flip her so they can easily inject the spinal chemo injection.

The Doctor slowly inject it and Sana flinched even though she's in deep sleep. It's a sign that it's extremely painful that she can still feel it even in deep sleep.

Sana's parents are also standing there, watching their child suffer and they can't do anything to ease her pain. Only prayers, hoping for a miracle that everything will be fine soon.

After injecting it, Tzuyu helped them fixed Sana's position so the latter can lie down comfortably on the hospital bed.

"You should rest for awhile, Tzuyu. You don't look fine at all" Mrs. Minatozaki said as she caress Tzuyu's hair. She noticed that Tzuyu can't stop blinking her eyes because she feels so sleepy but the younger one wants to stay awake until Sana opens her eyes again.

"Are we going to consider bone marrow transplant?" Tzuyu asked to Sana's parents.

"If that will make her condition better then we'll do it" Mr. Minatozaki said. He wish nothing but the best for his child.

The three of them ate their dinner quietly. Always treating Tzuyu like their own child, unlike before that they used to hate her because they want Sana to end up with Wonpil. They saw how beautiful Tzuyu is inside and out and they feel so lucky that she's still here for Sana even at her worse condition.

"Tzu" Sana spoke and Tzuyu quickly wash her hands and put some alcohol before walking towards her.

"How are you, babygirl?" Tzuyu asked as she fixed Sana's hair, the long beautiful hair that she starts to lose.

"What do you feel?" Tzuyu asked but Sana didn't answer her back. Instead of saying anything, she widely opened her arms and Tzuyu immediately hugged her.

She then starts to cry from the pain that she's feeling through her entire body. A nerve wracking feeling that nobody can explain.

"Ahh... it hurts so bad" she admitted as she gripped onto Tzuyu's arms tightly. She's sobbing so hard and Tzuyu doesn't know what to do.

"Please calm down. You're shaking again, Sana. Please... please stop crying" Tzuyu pleaded as she keeps on rubbing her back.

"Ahhh... Tzu, it hurts..help me" she groaned. Cancer in the blood is a total torture.

"I'm sorry... I can't do anything" Tzuyu apologized. If it's possible to exhange body with her, Tzuyu will surely do it for Sana so she can finally stop this pain that she's feeling right now.

Sana's parents also tried to calm her down and went outside to ask the Doctor what to do.

"Look at me, Sana" Tzuyu said and held her face. Her eyes are swelling and her face was bloated. Tzuyu can clearly see how much it hurts.

"Close your eyes and imagine we're visiting a place in Japan" she started as she let Sana rest her head on her shoulders. Maybe some imaginations can help her ease it, atleast a little bit.

"A place filled with cherry blossoms. The weather is good for a wonderful date. We're holding each other's hands while walking and some leaves of cherry blossoms falling down aesthetically within our way... it's a perfect day for the both of us" Tzuyu said and Sana's parents came back and stayed on the couch while listening to Tzuyu's short story.

"We took a lot of great pictures together... then we end up running because you teased me by throwing some leaves on my face and I'll take up my revenge by tickling you. After that, we will just laugh at each other's jokes even though it's not funny at all" Tzuyu said as she try to hold back the tears that was about to fall. She noticed that Sana fell asleep on her shoulder while listening to that short story that's why she decided to stand up to fix her bed.

"We will surely do that, babygirl" Tzuyu said and kissed Sana's forehead. "I love you" she whispered.

"You need to rest, Tzuyu. We will monitor her for tonight. You also need energy" Mrs. Minatozaki said and Tzuyu nodded her head. She went outside and decided to visit the hospital's chapel. She then prayed so hard as she let her tears fall.