Chapter 23

*Jungkook's POV*

I was driving Jennie home.

We still haven't done shopping but its least of my concern.

She's been crying all along from the mall until now. She was facing the window pane and I took numerous quick glances on her as I was driving.

I badly wanna talk to her. She could pour out it all on me, im willing to listen. But, I hesitated to do so because she's not her usual self. She was dead silent for almost an hour with only sobs can be heard.

The traffic light signaled into STOP.

"Jen..."

She was not answering me but I knew she listens to me.

However, I decided to set aside the talk and focus more in driving. Its too dangerous to let my emotions roll over while im on the roaad.

I felt guilty for lying.

Yet, I cant formulate the right words on how to confess to her. I know it will hurt her big time and whatever happens to us, or even the three of us, it wouldnt be good.

I sighed as we arrived at her place.

I got out of the car first and opened her door.

"Kookie, im so sorry. Thank u by the way for your----"

"No, please. Dont be sorry." I gulped before I finish my statement. "I should be the one saying sorry to you."

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, fully unaware of what's going on.

"Look, remember our grad ball?"

She was just completely staring at me as if she was waiting for me to finish my confession.

"I convinced Taehyung to come. He hesitates to, but I made a statement that made him agree to me."

"What?"

"That, he could make Irene jealous if he will make u as his date."

Her face became even more confused that before. I badly wanna hug her, I knew I also messed up big time.

"I did that bcoz I dont want u to come alone. If I could just ditch my date, I would but----"

"So he was faking it all along? And you intentionally gave his number to me? And you knew all along?"

I looked down as I avoided eye contact with her foxy eyes.

"Maybe. No. Yes."

Jennie turned back to me and opened their gates. I grabbed her hand, making her twist her body towards my direction.

"Jen---"

"You know what? I enjoyed your company. Little did I know, i was already a character that u watched..." Her voice was breaking down but she managed to speak herself well. I also cant help my tears from falling. "I trusted u. I reveal to you my secrets." She grinned. "But i was an idiot...u should have been laughing way back then...the game was well played. Tell ur bestfriend, it was a good one. I was impressed. It looked to real."

I cant say anything. I was numb by the very truth that blinded us for how many days.

She locked the gate.. i was still standing outside, watching her.

"I hope what u did earlier to protect me, was real. At least, it will be my favorite memory of us."

She smiled sadly to me.

Jennie, what I felt for you all along was real. Please, treasure all those memories as I will do the same.

It may be uncertain on when will you ever speak to me again, but Im hoping...

Alone at home, I get lost in my own chaotic thoughts.