Chapter 44

*Jennie's pov*

"Tae..." I screamed as he tries to get on his car.

"Wait...please." i added as i tried to stop him from closing his car's door.

Taehyung came out and immediately hugged me. As he did, he sobbed right in front of me..wetting my dress on it shoulder's part.

He was crying like a baby and I feel to bad doing this to him.

"Yah jendeuk. I cant blame you. I knew I suck at making u feel how important u are to me. I knew Im not even good enough for you. I knew I hurt u many times and there's nothing I can do abo--"

"Shhhh." I interrupted him.

"Yah tae. I dont wanna see u cry, it breaks my heart." I said while patting his back, and still not going any further from our hug. "I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY. But sooner or later, I will not be the main reason."

"Maybe things get a little too complicated for us because...."

"Because what?" Tae uttered after i hanged on for seconds. He departed from our hug, held me on my shoulders and looked at my eyes. I was trying to hold back my tears and smile at him. But his face depicts a very sad story...and I cant help but curse at myself inside. I dont wanna hurt him..no i dont wanna hurt them both and so i am making my decision.

"Because...you and me...its not meant to be." I told. This time, i cant help but cry. I covered my mouth right after the words I said. Even me, I cant deny how much I liked him, how much I adore him since junior days...but maybe it will stay at puppy love. Maybe i loved him but not that deep enough. And maybe fate let it him crushing my heart twice so that i'll be able to waken myself from the dreams im indulging myself with.

"Jennie, did I came a little too late?" He said still locking his eyes on me.

"Tae, u came late bcoz its supposed to happen."

"Why???? Why on earth!!!" Tae turned away from me and punched his car.

He then buckled up and locked his car.

I tapped the window trying to get his attention. I knew that he is not in his good state and driving at this very moment is bad and dangerous. Yet, he wont open up. He was crying and leaning his head unto his stirring wheel.

3....2....1... Tae started his engine.

"Taeee!!!!!!" I shouted in fear as he moved away..

Suddenly, a cold hand grabbed my hand...

"Come in." I saw jungkook riding on his car too. From the look in his eye, I knew we're on the same page and so I hurriedly got inside and he boosted his car as we follow tae's trail.

Inside the car was a remote silence that neither of us intended to break. I stole glances from him but he waa busy..his eye was on the road, unto the signs and of course tae's car. I managed not to bother him since he was too focused.

I dont know but I couldn't help but chuckle at his dead reaction. Imagine kookie damn serious on the road, hand busy on the control, eyes stucked on the sigsn and cars....im sorry but im seeing kookie in fast and furious. Ok wtf. I knew we're on a tough situation right now but kookie's calming me every now and then especially on risky and adversed situations.

We stopped near a convenience store where tae also get down.

I opened my door but kookie locked it with his car controls.

"Stop. Just watch what he'll do." He said.

"Omo. Why are u so mean? The man is having a bad day due to the news...you're letting him in this alone?" I irritably said. "Tae is ur friend kook." I added.

"I know." He said. Still not looking at me and flashing a blank stare on the open space in front of him.

"What know!" I was furious again by him. He was being so annoying.

"Dont u think tae is the only one hurting here?" Jungkook shouted to me. his eyes darkened towards me. I was so shock by his sudden attitude shift.

I gulped my saliva at his reaction.

There was a moment of silence right after.

The locks clicked.

"Im sorry Jennie." He said.

"Its now open, tae needs u." Jungkook said.

"Close it. Let's just watch over. He might need our help soon." I calmly said pointed at Tae who started drinking his canned beers inside the store.

"U think he'll get himself drunk?"

"Yah of course!!!! U silly. If u were on his position i bet u will." I answered him. "Now dont speak. I'll sleep and keep an eye on the kid." I told him as I adjusted my seats angle and turned on the windows side and closed my eyes.

This was a day full of emotions and I didnt see these things coming. I was living the moment in full shock with no reservations. My heart was bleeding internally after all the emotional commotions. But as looking on the bright side, I made a decision of which i never thought I would be a able to do. And that, your feeling will truly unfold itself before u even pay attention to it. Words will flow freely as they go together with ur subconcious mind revealing the real feelings u had.

"Yah! If only ur not pregnant...." I heard kookie mumble. I smiled at the thought that no matter what happened between us, he still clung on that 10% possibililty of us ending together. I couldn't be more grateful and lucky....thank u kookie.