Chapter 29

*Jungkook's POV*

jennie's room is a definition of aesthetics. I also noticed that she has a lot of stuffs regarding unicorns.

I grabbed one of her flush toy, and hugged it.

"Unicorns are real." She said out of nowhere. Her voice was so cute, like I could record it right away and make it as my ringing tone.

"Jen...im so sorry."

"Kookie, u've been so nice to me all along. I discovered that u've been protecting me and Im honored. U dont have to say sorry."

The savage Jennie we knew from school was way way way diferrent from the Jennie who was talking to me.

She was facing the mirror as she removes her makeup. I was even amazed that she was not like those other girls who are afraid to show men their barenaked face.

After she removed the makeup, I noticed that nothing special changed. Wow, it was really her face feature. No wonder why she isnt afraid of spilling her raw face.

We were in her room for I think almost 30 minutes and none of us spoken. She was too busy pampering herself and arranging her stuffs since it was way too messy when we got up. But, it doesnt matter.

"Its done. So what u wanna talk about other than ur apology?"

She sat on her bed's edge in a squatting position while hugging a pink pillow.

I handed her a blue velvet box.

"Is this a wedding ring?" She jokingly said as she accepted it. It was something I bought on a trip as a peace-offering.

Yes Jennie, soon, if I could...i'll get u a wedding ring. Cheesy voices echoed in my head.

However, im too good at slipping cringey thoughts away and retain my posture.

"Ani. Its som---"

"Wow its so beautiful!" She surprisingly uttered.

"Wait----"  she also noticed the note inside the box which was rolled into a tiny piece.

There goes my heart badum dum dum badum... Yeah it sounds weird, sorry. Lets just say my heart went hysterical. That note is really something though. Jennie finally unscrolled the note and read what it say.

She stared at me.

I dont know what was running in her head. She was giving me a poker face like I could run any minute from now.

"Kookie. Do u mean this?" She pointed to the letter.

"Jen, from the moment we became closer to to each other, I cant stop thinking about you. By any chance, can I court you?" Jennie was reading my msg aloud making me blush.

"Yah ur so cringey!" She posed a gummy smile and threw the paper to me.

"I mean it." I respond.

Then it went silent.

She then sat closer to me.

"You really mean it?"

I was blushing that I couldnt speak and just nodded my head.

"Oh kookie.. U knew how I like taehyung right? Im sorry. I dont wanna hurt you, but I also wanna hurt you more by lying. I love you....as a friend. And that's all we ever could be. Im sor----"

Her words stabbed my heart.

What does Tae have that I dont?

I cut her words down.

"Oh no. Its kay jen, u dont have to be sorry."

What a good lie Kookie.

"Uhhhhh..I feel so bad. I wanna hug you." She hugged me. Im trying my best not to be upset with her but, yah, my smile belongs to her.

I went home with a broken heart.

Is tae really over with Irene? Did he confess to Jennie?

9:30pm. Tae, lets talk.