A Fateful Encounter

The rain came down as Midoriya walked through the alley. His hair and uniform were soaked as his empty dead eyes only look at the ground below as he shuffled his feet along. Having been like this for weeks he didn't know how much longer he could keep going, as he started having thoughts of just ending it all.

Ahead of him is a young man lost in thought, hands in the pockets of his black coat, the hood covering his hair and his eyes. They were heading towards each other, neither noticing the other, until their shoulders collided with each other.

"Hey!" Turning around, the man looks at Midoriya, who is still shuffling forward. "It's rude to bump into someone and not say anything" Reaching out a pale hand, he grabs Midoriya's shoulder while having his index finger not touch him. This man was Tomura Shigaraki, who'd just failed his attack at UA high school and was in a very foul mood.

"Did you not hear me?" After receiving no response, he quickly shoves Midoriya against a wall. Midoriya's body jerked from the impact as he made no effort to do anything, his body practically lifeless against Shigaraki's hand. After still not receiving an answer, he was ready to place his index on Midoriya's shoulder and kill him until he caught a glimpse of his eyes, lifeless and full of despair. Those eyes reminded Shigaraki of a time long ago, the feeling of being abandoned by everyone until being saved by his Sensei.

"What is wrong with you?" A question, a very strange question, Shigaraki couldn't believe he asked it. It wasn't like him to have a chat with a random stranger, even going so far as to ask about them. He never cared about anyone but his teacher, but now, something about this boy a feeling or a bond of some kind to him made him ask that one question.

"What does it matter for a quirkless person like me?" the one thing that always held Midoriya up was the vague hope that he could be a hero, despite everyone bullying him about being quirkless. The words from his hero, the words from All Might tore away his last hope. All the negative things and feelings deep inside were released, leading him into a depression that only got worse as the weeks wore on. Being accepted into an average school's general studies program, he became more reclusive, separating himself from the world.

Letting go of Midoriya, Shigaraki watched as the boy slumped to the ground, sitting in a puddle. "What difference does that make? A world where you can't use your powers publicly anyway, where heroes act like the chosen ones," Shigaraki couldn't understand what could have possibly made Midoriya so depressed.

"I wanted to be a hero, I wanted to be like All Might so I could stand the criticism, the bullying, everything. Years I endured it all on my vague flimsy hope only for All Might to crush what little hope I had left" that name All Might immediately drew Shigaraki's attention as he continued to listen.

"Bullied during school, the teachers nor anyone would stop it all because of a simple unobtainable dream. All Might telling me to give up was when I knew it was pointless to try," Midoriya paused for a moment before looking up at Shigaraki, "oh, I'm sorry for rambling."

Thinking for a moment, Shigaraki asked another question, one that shocked Midoriya "If you were given a quirk, would you become a hero?"

Midoriya's head went downcast again as he was asked such a stupid question. Thinking upon this for a few moments, Midoriya slowly shook his head. "Why ask about something that's impossible? Even if I could, what point is there now?"

He couldn't become a hero now because if he did it would still only prove All Might right. Those without quirks, those without the power to do something, can't do it. "Maybe change the world?" Midoriya replied sarcastically, having had enough of such a stupid conversation.

"What is your name?"

"Midoriya Izuku"

"I am Shigaraki Tomura"