Phase 2.5

Jimin's POV

After about three flights of stairs, Yoongi slowed down. "Hey, Yoongi" "What do you find in a library?" he suddenly asked me. "That's... books, right?" "That boy came here, in order to hide a leaf in a forest. When the boy found the book, he noticed you watching him. So he decided to hide it. And what place could be more fitting than a library? Perhaps he wants to find something in the book." "But how are we going to find it?" I asked him. He didn't answer me but he just smirked.

"You know the story of the '13th Steps to Heaven?' yes?" "Where if you stand on it, you'll supposedly be dragged to the other side

"You know the story of the '13th Steps to Heaven?' yes?" "Where if you stand on it, you'll supposedly be dragged to the other side." "This floor contains books related to the study of religion, both ancient and modern, from the East and the West. You see, this is the 'Shelf of Heaven.'" He said as he climbed the ladder next to the book shelves. "So, un... deux... trois... quatre... cinq... " "Yoongi?" "six... sept... huit... neuf... dix... onze... douze... treize. This is the '13th Steps to Heaven?', which no one would dare to stand on, right? The boy hid the book on this shelf. That's what the wellspring of wisdom told me." He said as he took out the book that Bogum hid.

That's another mystery he solved easily. The golden fairy... the grey wolf... the mysterious Yoongi. I took a look at the title of the book. 'The Golden Fairy... of the High Tower?' I moved nearer to Yoongi to look at the content of the book. "Golden... Fairy... Hey... you're going too fast!" he turned the pages of the books much faster than before. I got closer but that was a wrong move I guess because I got hit by the book.

"Oowwwww! What was that for?!" "Your head was in my way." "You don't feel like reading it together?" "No." sigh... I guess not. I stayed in a safe distance from not being hit again by him and continued reading.

'It was a folk tale from a faraway country. A tall tower stood deep in a forest. A golden fairy lived there alone. She knew all the mysteries of this world and would give advice to people who had troubles. However in recompense, she would demand the person's soul, which she would eat.'

The fairy kind of looks like Yoongi. Maybe the 'Golden Fairy of the Library' refers to Yoongi? My thoughts were disturbed when Yoongi took out a post card from between the pages. "What's that? Kim Tae Hyung? It's a letter addressed to that person but wait, the sender is Sir Park? Isn't that Bogum's grandfather's name?" "There's no postmark on the stamp." "Then the letter hasn't been delivered to this Kim Tae Hyung yet?" I asked. Yoongi looked surprised for a moment but I think he figured out something.

"Well then." He put the book down and started to walk back to the top floor. "Yoongi?" "This grows tiresome. And you got what you asked for, didn't you? Go home." He said as he waved the postcard in his hand. "What do you mean you got bored? Come on, Yoongi!" I made my way downstairs and walked out of the library.

"What's he thinking? I thought we'd become friends..." I talked to myself while looking at the book. I halted when I saw Namjoon sitting on a chair. "Inspector? Is something wrong? I thought the mystery was solved?" he looked like he was thinking about something. "Well yes. Just as soon as the Mummy Knight affair's been cracked, I get news that a phantom thief has infiltrated the village. I'm conducting an investigation."
"He goes by 'Phantom Thief Kuiaran'. He's a major thief who plundered Europe as he pleased, but has been quiet these past seven or eight years. There have been rumors that he retired or died, but recently, a second-generation Kuiaran has appeared, and I received word that he's headed for this village."

"Umm... Inspector... You don't seem like your usual self... when you're with Yoongi, you're more dramatic, or... Even with me, it's like, 'Oh! Baby squirrel!' like that." "W-What are you talking about? At any rate, if you happen to spot a suspicious character, report him at once. Understood?" "Yeah..."

Yeesh, what was that about? I continued walking towards the dorms when I head some strange sounds coming from the old shed. I stopped in front of the gate and tried to open it. But then, I guess that was also a bad choice because I felt something hard hit my head and the next thing I knew, I saw black.