Phase 10.3

Third Person POV

"You done?" Jin asked Hoseok who walked out of Yoongi's house after locking up. "These were left in there." Hoseok said holding up two strawberry shaped lollipops. "They look sweet." "They're not. I'm out of a job." Hoseok said with a sad smile. "Stay at my place for a while. Not like you have relatives anyway." Jin said. "Okay. After the war is over, I swear I'll search for those kids. I swear it!" "You're a good teacher. Let me help you." "Sure." 'Those kids… Where are they now?' Hoseok wondered by himself.

Winter 1925

Jimin's POV

"What are you daydreaming for?! Listen, I don't care if you're the son of a senior officer. Here, you're just another soldier! And that goes for all of you!" The commander said after punching me in the face, making me fall in the cold snow in front of everyone.  "Yes, sir!" "Dismissed!" the commander yelled and everyone instantly walked away. "Need a hand?" A friendly person, at least there was one, helped me get up. "Thank you."

"Unreasonable, isn't he?" he asked. "Well, I'm used to people getting mad at me for no reason." I answered him. Later that night after training for hours in the snow, we were finally allowed to have dinner. Half way through my meal, the commander came near to where I was and suddenly screamed "What the hell is this?!" and yanked the necklace off my neck, breaking the silver chain. "Th-That's…" I stood up quickly and tried to get it back from his hands. "Showing off your trinkets! I'm confiscating this! Wha— Scum!" He pushed me back to the wall and I managed to get the necklace back. "I won't let you have this!" "What was that?!" and the beating started again. "I... apologize. But... I'm not giving this... to you!" I said with the tiny energy I had left but got kicked in the stomach again soon afterwards. While aching all over, I managed to stand up and walked limping to the sleep quarters and wrote a letter to Yoongi, even when I knew there was no way he would receive it.

'Yoongi.
Right now, I'm up north.
Even though we're separated, I've never forgotten you.
After all… After all, I have…I have...the ring you gave me.
This ring gives me strength.'

Yoongi's POV

I took out the pendant Jimin gave me and held it with my hands. This pendant gives me strength. No matter how far apart we are…  Even if you aren't here… My peace was interrupted again by the sound of the doors opening and closing. I looked up to see Namjoon walking to me. "What? It's the son this time? From the sound your shoes make to your smell, you've become exactly like Father." "The Ministry of the Occult will hold a ceremony tomorrow in honor of the new Prime Minister, Marquis Kim Jungkook. We're going to use you there as a spectacle. Put this on." Namjoon threw me a pair of pants and a shirt and left the room without further words. "The Charming Monster costume that night… It was a bright peach color. But this suits is...black. I… Even so, I…" I said to myself as I held onto the pendent Jimin gave me.

"I'll be by your side as long as you have this pendant. I'll always be by your side…" I remembered what he said. I got dressed in the clothes I was given and stared at myself in the mirror… I was crying… The weak side that I never showed to anyone has been replacing the confident Yoongi these days. Just then, I heard the doors open making me surprised.

Third Person POV

"The storm has come again. It will be different from the last Great War! Now, we have to stand up. Europe's ancient past is dying out! But our country, Crete, is different! We have the power to rise up! Today, I share with you my happiness of being able to promise you the future of Crete! This battle will be a battle for glory! Even if we get hurt, the promised victory is waiting for us! And why is that?! Because we have the Charming Monster on our side!" Jungkook said to the citizens who came to listen to his speech. Yoongi was also on the stage some feet away wearing the all black clothes and a mask that he was given earlier.  "Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster!" The people yelled. Yoongi couldn’t take it anymore and walked to the microphones set up in front of him.

"I...I don't promise anything! For promises are a radiance that exist only between those who understand one another, those of like soul! I have no promise for the future of this country as it is now. All that's there… Jungkook...is a deal leading to the country's ruin, dripping with your lies!" Yoongi said, making everyone speechless. "Witch…" Jungkook swore. "It's been a long time… Kim Jungkook!" Yoongi, or should I say Eunsong showed herself, removing the mask she had been wearing.

"Gray Wolf!" Jungkook said out loud "You remembered, Jungkook? I haven't forgotten either. The floor of that gray tower… The sensation of that floor, cold enough to chill my heart. My body is still shivering from it. So to warm myself, get my circulation flowing, and prepare my child's first bath… Fire is necessary!" As soon as Eunsong finished what she said, explosions were heard around them, the buildings and the stage started to catch on fire. "You! I should have gotten rid of you after all, Gray Wolf!" Jungkook said as he took out a sword and pointed it to Eunsong.

"I won't let you play any more games with my son, Jungkook!" Eunsong said as she also took out two daggers and started to attack Jungkook.

Yoongi's POV

"Eomma! Go back! Because of me, Eomma is...!" I said to Bang while the carriage was moving. Why did I let her take my place. I need to go back. All of a sudden the carriage stopped. Bang came and opened the door and held me from my collar. "That's right! Because of you, Eunsong is… Eunsong chose to take your place in order to protect you. And my other half chose to help her, so that Eunsong could fulfill his desire. It's not for your sake! It's because Eunsong cries, saying she'd kill himself if she loses you!

You make her cry! She cries without shedding tears or making a sound! But… But I'm different. I'll eradicate the source of Eunsong's tears. I'll kill you right here!" I pushed him and tried to run away but I slipped and fell on the snow. I could see Bang taking out a sword and trying to stab me. All I could do was hold on the pendant and pray for my life as I closed my eyes, waiting for the sword to stab me.

Eunsong's POV

I fought Jungkook in the flames. I need to put an end to this… I cant let my son, my Yoongi suffer more than he already is. I charged towards Jungkook and stabbed him right in his heart, and fell on the concrete ground. I was trying to catch my breath to escape when I felt a sharp pain in my back… I could feel the sharp metal piercing through my body, I turned to see that Jungkook's bodyguard was still alive… I started to feel numb and fell on the ground near Jungkook's body. "Fire, Burn! Burn and light up his future…"