Phase 8.5

Third Person POV

"Hey! Are you okay?! Anyone a doctor here?!" Jimin asked out loud to the other passengers on the train. "Poison, you say? Ridiculous! You saw the whole thing! I ate the same raisins! I drank the water too!" the woodcutter said to Yoongi. "You froze a thin layer of poison at the bottom of the glass. When either of you first drank from the glass, the poison hadn't mixed in with the water yet. However, as the ice began to melt, she brought the glass to her mouth again..." Yoongi told him. "Bastard!" Knight said while charging forward with a knife in his hand to kill Woodcutter but the he shot Knight with a gun and pointed towards Yoongi afterwards. "Oh, stop. A gun doesn't suit you... Lesglant!" Yoongi said. "How do you know my name?!" Lesglant asked Yoongi. "Tell me. What is at the center of this absurd masquerade?!"

Just after Yoongi finished asking, the lady took out a gun from inside of her coat, moved away from Jimin's arms and shot Lesglant's legs while holding onto a small box she took from the Knight's coat. "Occult bastard! Even if I die...you're not getting this box!" she shot another bullet into the roof of the cart and limped away from everyone. "Box? Then it must be..."

Jimin's POV

"Wait! You can't walk around in that state..." I was about to follow her but was stopped by the supposed to be dead Knight. "It's over. Either way, everyone on this train is going to die. Our comrade will derail the train since we didn't contact him at the designated time! It's better for the whole train to be buried than let the Ministry of the Occult steal it! You two stay right there!" he told us and went after her. "Go to the locomotive! Stop it!" Lesglant exclaimed. "But..." That's right. I threw a chair to break the window of the train and looked out to see how far it was to the driver cabin. "Yoongi, wait... there..." "I'm going too, of course." "No, but... Fine." I pulled Yoongi up to the roof and ran to the cabin with him on my back. "Let's hurry. Hold on tight!"

"You're not going anywhere!" We turned back to see that the knight was following us with a knife in his hand. "He's coming!" the driver cabin was just in front of us. "Jimin!" I jumped into the pile of coal just as the train was going into the tunnel. "It seems the knight tragically fell off his horse." "Hang in there!" I quickly went to the lady who was sitting weakly in the corner the cabin. "Don't... touch me... No one... is getting... the box..." She said as she tightened her grip on the box." "Who cares about that?! Your life is more important!" "Railroad bridge... Bomb..." "Hey... Hey!" "I'm scared... Without a birthday... Mommy..." she lost conscious.

I gently placed her in a sitting position and looked around the cart when I heard a gunshot. "It's still not possible at this distance." Yoongi said holding the gun. "What is?" "Look at that." "What's that?" "Probably a trigger device. To derail this train." "Yon—"I checked to see how many bullets we had left to hit the device. "Only one bullet left." "Give it. I'll hit it for sure next time." "No, you can't." "I'll do it. Eomma said to 'demonstrate my power so that I may live'. That's why I'll do it with my own hand." Yoongi said. "All right. But allow me to..." "Yes, you can help me. For the master and her servant are as one." "You're incredible." "Jimin, nothing is impossible for a Gray Wolf." "Yeah."

"Empiricism and the like are all just foolish barbarian claptrap. I've never fired a gun before...but I know the theory of it well." "It's okay. I know you can do it. After we get through this storm, you and I are going home. To Bismuth Royal Academy, where we belong!" When we got nearer, we shot the only bullet left. It was either a hit or miss. "See? See? I can do it!" "Indeed. You did it! But what do we do now?" I asked him. "Nothing. Nobody's feeding coal to the engine. The train will stop on its own eventually." Yoongi said as we sat on the floor for the train to stop.

"The older brother of the missing Mademoiselle Lesglant. That's your real identity. The Ministry of the Occult abducted your sister and held her hostage. To use you as an impromptu spy. They went that far in a bid to get..." Yoongi said to Lesglant and showed him the box the lady was holding onto before. "This memento box. It is filled with fragments that reveal the life of a certain man. He was born. This was cut from the owner of the box. His umbilical cord. He grew. This is his portrait. He fell in love. This perfume bottle belonged to the girl he loved. And then...he experienced failure." "'Don't turn around.'" Lesglant read the words on the paper Yoongi unfolded from the box. "That's all it says..."

"That's all that's in here. And this memento box isn't complete. In other words, the owner of the box is still alive. Because... The box wasn't hidden in a cemetery, but under the floor of a house. In that 'Nameless Village', where eomma's photo was..." "Um... so the owner of the box and Eunsong are both..." "Yes. His name is..." Yoongi turned the paper to see the owner of the box. "'Jupiter Roger, 7 years old'!" Lesglant read out loud. "At Minoan?!" "Indeed. The head of the Science Academy, Jupiter Roger, was in fact a Gray Wolf from the deeply traditional 'Nameless Village'. This is a truth with consequences, capable of shaking the power balance of the government. That's why the Ministry of the Occult..." "Tried to steal this box. And the Academy put lives on the line in an attempt to hinder them." I continued. "Thus ends my reconstruction."

"Take it." Yoongi handed the box to Lesglant. "I don't know how the Ministry of the Occult will use it. But your sister will be saved if you have that box, yes?" "Hey, Yoongi! W-Wait for me!" I ran after him. "But are you sure it's okay? If the Marquis Kim acquires that..." "No   worries. I solved the riddle Eomma gave me. I still hold...the trump card." Yoongi said and showed me a piece of folded paper that he had held onto from the box.