Phase 7.1

Jimin's POV

By afternoon, the police was already at the clock tower. I was together with Hoseok-ssaem waiting in front of the tower to see the situation but something caught my eyes. A person with wavy blond hair was walking towards where I was. Hoseok ssaem eyes were already turning into stars and started blushing when he saw that person. I wonder who that is. "Good morning, Jimin." The person greeted. "Good morning...Um... excuse me. Do I know you?" "It's me." He said and held his hair into a very familiar style. "Recognize me already!"  "I-Inspector! I-I should've known from your suit..." to be honest Namjoon hyung does look good with his hair down. "Y-You changed your hairstyle? It looks much more proper this way." "I had to leave early this morning, so I didn't have time to set it!" "Oh, you set it..." "Hmph!" "It's silky..." I said. I wonder what shampoo he uses.

"Give me a break! So, where's the body?" he asked. "The room with the clock spring, at the far end of the 2nd floor!" "Very well, let's go." Hyung said and walked pass me. "Ahh, I smell the scent of flowers..." Hoseok ssaem said after sniffing the air. "That's my shampoo!" Hyung said. I followed Namjoon hyung to the same room I had been this morning and he started to inspect the body. "Last night, two male outsiders came to the village. One was Oriental, the other had red hair. This is the Oriental, no doubts about it." Hyung said as he lifted the white cloth on the dead man. "The red-haired man was at an inn. One of my men is bringing him over right now." I listened to hyung but I was too focused on the man's finger… it was purple.

Yoongi's POV

I was sitting on the floor in my usual spot, glaring at the book I found yesterday. "Yoongi!" I heard Jimin call me. I rolled to where he was and kicked him in the shin. "Ow!" "You're late." "I-I'm sorry." "So what is it?" "Oh! You see..." I listened to his story and waited till he finished. "A clock tower... A purple mark... An alchemist..." "I wonder what's taking the inspector so long. He usually comes right away." Jimin said and looked to where the elevator was. "Foolish man..." I said. "Foolish... You mean the inspector?" Jimin asked and I shook my head. "Then... me?" he asked but I shook my head again. "Then who?" "Leviathan." "Hah?" "Jimin! I accept his challenge. I'll unravel his mystery and stop him from murdering again!" I told him

"W-What are you talking about? You're saying the murder this morning was the work of an alchemist who died over 20 years ago?" "This enigma is a difficult one. But I have the wellspring of wisdom. I'll reconstruct the fragments of Chaos that remain, and become a fool's spokesperson!" "Meaning you'll solve the case?" I stood up and walked to the lift. "Where are you going?" Jimin asked. "Outside." "Outside? You're leaving the library? I'll go with you!" "You use the stairs." I told him. "Why can't I use this when I'm with you?!" "Seeing you huffing and puffing in agony, your tired thighs straining as you plod up and down the stairs for me...is one of my greatest pleasures!" I said while smiling before the lift went down.

Jimin's POV

"What was that for?! For crying out loud!" I was about to go down the stairs when I saw a book on the floor. "Yoongi was reading this... What's this?" I opened the book and started to read the book. "My mystery is impossible to solve. Are you chagrined?" I see. So that's what set him off...

'Winter, 1899... It is winter, and I, Leviathan, am about to greet the final year of this century. Long ago, I was a nameless traveler. During my journey, I procured a certain item. The Philosopher's Stone. Its power gave me eternal time and a life forever adrift. In the winter of 1897, I gave up the life of a traveler on a whim. I put the Philosopher's Stone to work...and produced an abundance of genuine gold. My name spread throughout the country. And then...A letter arrived from Queen Coco Rose of Crete, inviting me to the palace. Directly afterwards... The baron's name was Musgrave. He was the messenger for King Rupert de Gille. "Are you a swindler?" "No different from you..." "My father and the king both suspect you of being a swindler. Find it! It's in here somewhere! They say that the queen is naïve and therefore easily tricked. And what do you think?"

Musgrave's son, Ian, innocently believed in me and in alchemy. The baron searched every inch of my workshop, until he was convinced that I had no gold. Then he turned to me and said: "You're not leaving until you produce gold, no matter how many years it takes." "Three days is all I need." And then, three days later... I held a block of gold and showed them the proof. Ian was amazed by my work. "How on earth did you do it? There's no other exit but this, and the place was surrounded! How the devil did you do it, swindler?!" Musgrave asked "Let me see the queen. I will produce more gold for her." I told him.

"Your Majesties, as proof of my allegiance to you, I will take this uncolored white rose and make it blue, the color to bless you both." I said as I stood in front of the king and queen. "An impossible feat! Blue roses don't exist!" "With alchemy, nothing is impossible." "Impossible!" people tried to deny and made it excuses. "My dear alchemist!" the queen said. I continued to produce gold for the country. I promised the queen eternal youth and beauty. My opinions were sought for when it came to politics, and I gave them freely. However... "Who are you?! What are you after?! What are you hiding under that mask?!" the king extended his hand and tried to pull of my mask. "If you peel off this mask, it will be over for me..."'

'Winter, 1899. I could no longer bear the weight of my sin. My sin was not in swindling the king...Or in leading the queen by the nose...But in murdering that innocent soul...Ian. You of the future... Are you a man? A woman? An adult? A child? It matters not. Save me. I cannot bear the weight of my sin. Should the time of my death come...I shall wander about forever in the clock tower where Ian died. And I shall continue to kill. My murderer's soul will haunt this place for eternity.'

Third Person POV

"Where were you this morning?" Namjoon asked the Red-hair man. "I was at the inn the whole time. The proprietor will corroborate my statement." The man answered. "Why did you come to this village?" Namjoon questioned. "Wong, my companion, seemed to have his own objective, but I don't know what that was." The man said. "And what's your objective?" Namjoon kept asking him. "Monster hunting...for 'Le Monstre Charmant'." The man answered.