Phase 9

Third Person POV

"On the night of Christ's birth, a Gray Wolf cub is born. Ironic, isn't it?" Jungkook said holding a glass of wine, Eunsong on the other hand was screaming her lungs out, tugging on the metal chains that tied her hands and legs, asking for help but people just stare at her to give birth to her son by herself. "Oh, sinner. To you, born from a spring of foul blood... I offer lamentable blessings."

Winter 1924

Jimin's POV

My first snow in Crete! And soon, it'll be my first Christmas. "Yoongi, you come to the Christmas party too! Everyone really seems to be looking forward to it. Yoongi, you should also prepare a present to take there!" "Why must I give a present to someone else on my birthday?" "I had the same thought, but I heard that it's a custom to exchange presents on Christmas. Your birthday... on the day Christ was...?" "Moreover..." I thought about the conversation I had with Yoongi earlier as I made my way to town. "A Christmas present and birthday present for Yoongi..." "Oh, Jimin!" I saw hyung slowed down his bike. "J-Jin hyung?!" "Where are you going?" "Oh, I was just heading to Heraklion for some shopping..." "What a coincidence! Hop on! Come on, come on!" Hyung said while handing me a spare helmet. "You're going there too?" "There's a special Christmas performance of 'The Blue Rose of Heraklion' at the Phantom Theatre!"

"'Blue Rose'... I seem to recall..." "That's right!" Hyung shoved a poster right in my face. "Our national idol, the tragic queen, Coco Rose! I've been a fan ever since I was a little girl. There's no way I'll let this performance pass me by! But there'll be time for talk later! Hurry up!" "Thank you. I had no idea you could ride a motorbike, Jin Hyung." "This is my first time." Eh? All I did was pray for both of our safety.

Yoongi's POV

"He's late..." I threw another wrapper on the ground. "Yoongi!" "The Farting Newt..." "Do you know where Jimin is? I was hoping we could prepare for the Christmas party together..." Taehyung said and all of a sudden he was right next to my face. "I know! Yoongi, I've got a brilliant story for you! It's much more interesting than these books of yours!" I moved away from him and made a barrier out of books. Damn he's creepy. "Um, Yoongi..." "Listen. You may not breach this wall of intelligence. Not one step. Very well. Proceed with you story and keep it nice and short."

"Oh, yes. Coco Rose... When you investigated Leviathan, didn't her name pop up?" He asked. "Yeah." "Queen Coco was never blessed with a child. His Majesty, Rupert de Gille, reproached her for that and sent her off to live in a country house with a maid." "This is your brilliant story?" I asked him. "I'm getting to the crux of it! Queen Coco received a magic stone from Leviathan. You become invisible when you grip that stone. Because of that, Queen Coco could sneak out and have fun, without being detected by the sentries." "A queen confined to a country house... And she used a magic rock to venture outside... Well, I suppose he's hardheaded as a rock too..." I mumbled to myself.

Third Person POV

"The Blue Rose of Heraklion. The Ministry of the Occult's Marquis Kim is the one who arranged to have it performed. And on Christmas, too. The holy night when you were disgraced. Is this some sick joke? No. I'm sure there's a meaning to having this play performed now. Still, how much does that contemptible man have to hurt you before he's satisfied?" Bang Sihyuk said to Eunsong who was sitting on a branch next to him. She didn’t say anything back but kept on humming a song that was familiar to both of them. "Rose-colored Life... If it's a blue rose, the story should also change..."

*Some years ago*

"Hey you, scoot over there!" "Say, have you seen my eyelashes?" You could hear the girls say while preparing themselves backstage. "Eunsong, that boy with red hair is here again." "Yes. I promised to meet him after the show." Eunsong replied to her co-worker. "Y'know, you're something else! You've got a quiet demeanor, but you're fast on the draw!" "That boy isn't like that. He's still a child, for one thing." Eunsong said and wore a necklace that had a coin pendent. "Honey, that thing's totally worn out. Have the redhead buy you a new one." "This is proof that I made the past my own." "We're on!" "Oh, no! La Vie en Rose!" Both of the girls quickly went out and put on their dance skate shoes. As soon as they got out, the crowd went crazy. "Eunsong!"

"We have no tarts
No macaroons either
But we do have dried-out bread!
We've got no prince on a white horse
No knight either
Not even an Arabian prince
But we...
Have a lover!
The good thing is that you aren't alone
So stop crying like there's no tomorrow
Rose-colored Life!
La Vie en Rose!
La Vie en Rose!"

Everyone had stopped singing when a man with blond hair came and held Eunsong's hand in the middle of the performance. "A Gray Wolf, huh?" The man said making Eunsong shocked. "Eunsong!" She tugged her hand free and went back to continue with the performance. After the performance, she switched back to her regular clothes to meet with the boy she was talking about to her co-worker, little did she know there were people waiting behind her to take her away. The boy tried to help her but was beaten up by the kidnappers.

"Lord Kim, it's almost time." A man said to Jungkook as he step into the room where Eunsong was tied up. "Gray Wolf... It's been a year since you came here. Finally, the time has come for you to be of use to me. A Gray Wolf's blood mixed with my own... A child of destiny will now be born. The power to purge foulness and dispel storms... It shall be mine." He said as he poured the wine on Eunsong's belly right before Yoongi was born.

"Eunsong. Eunsong, let's make a head start for Heraklion." Bang shook her as he tried to get her out of her thoughts. "Sihyuk..." "Your precious... and to me, hated... wolf cub. Don't you want to see your little Yoongi in action?" "My son is strong. The boy's brains and kindness are unparalleled. I have faith in my son's power. For that is all my life of humiliation and rage...can rely on." Eunsong said taking a dove out of Sihyuk's hat. (A/N Yes he is a magician) and set it free.

Yoongi's POV

I listened to Taehyung blabbing for hours. "So the farting newt's 'brilliant story' is nothing more than a fart of a story." I said out loud with an extremely bored expression. He just sucked out the energy out of me. "I-I have others! Give me a moment... Um..." Taehyung walked in circles trying to think of another stories when a cooing sound caught our attention. "A dove! I'm not very fond of them. Don't they move their heads back and forth as they walk? Besides, don't you think their cooing's creepy?" I walked closer to the dove and let out my hand for the bird to land on me. I froze when I realized whose dove this was. "Yoongi?! W-What's wrong? Did the dove do something to you?! Yoongi..." I ignored Taehyung and ran down to the elevator.