Phase 5.1

Third Person POV

"Since the incident at the cemetery, I was seen as a criminal. They thought that I must've stabbed the doctor because he couldn't save my pet. Strange thing was, right after that..." Yoonji stopped talking. "The real murderer came forward and cleared Madame of all suspicion. She then accepted the master's proposal and became Madame Kim Yoonji." Holly continued her sentence. "Come to think of it, I think that was when Namjoon adopted that hairstyle..." Yoonji added.

"J-Just a coincidence!" Yoongi muttered. "Excuse me, Yoonji-ssi ...So who was the real murderer?" Jimin asked. "Well, it turns out that..." Yoonji was about to say but was stopped by Holly. "Madame, the time..." Holly said. "Sorry, it's about time I headed off to see Namjoon. I'll tell you the rest next time. I enjoyed meeting the both of you!" Yoonji said and ran down the stairs. "Madame! Wait for me!" Holly said and ran down after her.

"S-She's like a tempest, isn't she?" Jimin said after the two ladies left. "So, Yoongi... The real murderer?" he asked. "A mere child's play, not even worthy of being called Chaos. I'll explain it to you. The one who murdered the veterinarian...was none other than his wife." Yoongi paused for a while and ate a piece of chocolate. "All right, I'll put it into words. Let's start with those magic words at the cemetery. Paula wrote those words herself. She was left-handed.

It's rare, but mirror-writing is a breeze for a few left-handed people. She used that particular talent to produce the mirrored magic words. Her aim was to frame Yoonji for the crime. The dying message left at the murder scene prompted Paula to do what she did. The police took that to be derived from...the letter 'Q'." Yoongi said while pouting remembered that Yoonji called him the same. "You don't have to look so disgusted about it. I think it's a cute name." Jimin told him. "Enough! Anyway, the foolish police were convinced that the 'Q' referred to the pet's name." Yoongi continued and laid down flat on the floor.  "Um, Yoongi?"

"The stabbed veterinarian was probably lying on his back like this. And when you try to write a letter in this position...it naturally comes out backwards." He drew the letter Q with chocolate. "In short, the vet intended to write the 'P' from "Paula", his wife's name. In other words, the letter was mirrored too. Namjoon related to Paula the truth I had reconstructed, keeping his identity hidden. He told her he would go to the police if she didn't turn herself in. So she accepted her fate..." "And confessed to the police, right?" Jimin finished Yoongi's sentence. "Yes. Incidentally, Namjoon forbade her to say anything about him, so none of this was made public."

"I see, the inspector secretly helped to solve the case so that Yoonji could be happy..." Jimin said happily looking like a fan-girl at some concert. "I'm the one that reconstructed the details. So quit looking like a dreamy-eyed young girl." "But I still think it was harsh of you to have him sport that hairstyle in return." Jimin said. "I-It was a fair request." Yoongi said stuttering.

Namjoon's POV

I quickly walked to the library and went up the lift so I could stop Yoongi from saying unnecessary things to Yoonji but when I got to the top floor, there was only Jimin and that grey wolf. "W-Where's Yoonji?!" I asked and looked around. "Looks like she's no longer here." I let out a sigh and opened the case. "These are the books Madame Yoonji is donating. You can give them to the librarian." I said to Jimin. "Sure... but why are you here, Inspector?" Jimin asked me after taking all the books "What a naïve woman. This is a good example of how good intentions combined with obliviousness results in vice." I heard Yoongi say. "But that's one of Yoonji's good points." I told him.

"Inspector, um..." "Baby squirrel, please excuse yourself. You have permission to use that just for today." I told him and pointed to the lift. "All right." I waited till he left. "The brain of a Gray Wolf is indeed extraordinary. I'm aware I fall short in that regard. But, my brother, you have no heart." Yoongi looked surprised when I said that to him. "Do you remember? What you told me that night."

*Flash back to that day*

"I understand the situation. But why would you come to me to solve it?" Yoongi asked me. "It's because I want to save Yoonji! Because I love her!" I answered him. "Love? What's that? I've never heard of that word in my entire life." That shocked me.

*End of flashback*

"And this was what you wanted in return. But this hairstyle is nothing. 'Stop loving Yoonji.' You should've demanded that instead if you really wanted to make me suffer. But you're a Gray Wolf." I smiled. "Shut up..." "It's the first thing that would've come to mind for any human being, and yet..." "Shut up...!" I walked away and went downstairs. "You're wrong... I'm not like that anymore. I'm different now." I could see him break down before the lift went down. I saw Jimin standing outside of the library, pacing front and back. "I wonder if the two of them are okay..." he saw me walking outside "Inspector!" "Go on in. The Gray Wolf is waiting for you." I told him and he ran inside.

Third Person POV

After leaving the academy, Yoonji and Holly reached back to the town and headed to the police station. "Please! I can't afford to lose that case! My case..." the man begged the police officer. "All right, be patient and calm down." The officer told the man. "The inspector appears to have a lead on its whereabouts." He continued. "Excuse me... May I come in?" Yoonji asked the officer. "Certainly." The policeman answered. "I'm looking for Inspector Kim..." Yoonji asked the officer. "The man from...!" "You?!" Holly and the man who lost his case said at the same time. They asked for Namjoon but he wasn’t at the station. Yoonji wanted to wait but their time to leave back to Heraklion was getting nearer. "What a shame, Madame. You didn't get to see your pointy-headed inspector in the end." Holly told Yoonji when they got on the train.

"You know, Holly, he used to be a very striking man. As a girl, I was lanky, sunburned, and not at all pretty. I greatly treasured the memories of my occasional meetings with Namjoon where we would exchange a word or two. He has always been so kind... Now that I've gotten older, I finally understand that. Just goes to show that the passage of time and becoming an adult isn't a bad thing. There was a time when I wanted to remain a child forever. But I wonder if I'll ever see him again..." Yoonji said while remembering the past. Back at the police station, Namjoon got back to his office and read the note he saw on his desk. "'It appears that you delivered my books to the academy. Thank you! '"I knew I could count on my old friend", huh?'"