Phase 7.5

Yoongi's POV

"There are two reasons why the clock tower ghost stories have spread. The first is that a suspicious alchemist actually did exist over 20 years ago. The second is due to the feeling you're currently experiencing." I explained to them as we walked up the stairs which made everyone dizzy. "Look at this." I paused and showed them the blue print of the building. "What is that?" Jimin asked. "I requested the measurements from the carpenter who's investigating this building. The blue lines represent the planned structure. The black lines represent the actual clock tower. This is the cause of your strange feeling. This building was built on a slant. As an example, the hallway floor is slightly tilted. It looks straight, but meanders little by little. The height of each step on the stairs is also slightly different." I enlightened them. "I see! That's why I..." I heard Taehyung mutter. "But why was it built like this?" Jimin asked as we entered the alchemist's room. "At the cemetery, didn't you hear about the hidden rooms used for sheltering Protestants?" I asked. "Yeah..." Jimin answered.

"The tower was built on a slant to accommodate the hidden room. And according to the plans..." I stopped talking and pointed towards the glass mosaic on the other end of the room. "This academy was originally called 'Crete's Secret Armory'. It was a place to hide various things that couldn't be made public. So it's no surprise that there's a hidden room." "Does that mean something is hidden here?" Taehyung asked.

I could see Namjoon glaring at me but I don’t care. "Sing, Jimin." "Sing what?" Jimin asked. "That African song." "No way! Why should I—" and that was when I kicked him in the shin. "Ouch!" He didn't sing so I kicked him again. "Owww! All right! All right, already!" He whined. "Go ahead." "Gold and black skin. Row, row, row, and row. The Africans jumped over the scorching land, screamed, and disappeared…. That's the last time! You made a guy dance and sing in front of people..." He complained. "Silence. Shut your mouth and look unspeakably sad." He went quiet quickly. "A few fragments of Chaos float in that song. 'Gold'... And why do the Africans 'scream' and 'disappear' in the song? Africans died in this village in 1873, correct?" I asked. "Yes..." Taehyung answered.

"That's the year the Gold Rush started, spreading from the New World to the African continent. Even the Kingdom of Crete had a colony. The king at the time used Africans to secretly carry gold into the country. And then, to shut them up...they tortured them and buried them in the cemetery. However, the king suddenly passed away the following year. Amidst the chaos, the one who knew the secret of the gold vanished. He was the only one left..." "He?" Jimin asked. "He disappeared for a long time. But over 20 years later, he came back. As the enigmatic masked alchemist..." "Leviathan!" Jimin exclaimed. "But didn't you say his alchemy was a fraud?" Taehyung asked.

"Jimin. Do you remember what I said about the philosopher's stone?" I asked him. "I believe you said it's a powerful stone that alchemists carry." He answered. "And the color?" "A deep red color like a pomegranate, if I recall..." Jimin said. "Is there a similar red object in this room?" I asked and everyone paid attention to the red rose on the glass mosaic. "That flower would draw the attention of anyone who knew about alchemy. All of the people who died were outsiders. I'm sure they were all searching for the secret of Leviathan's alchemy. Don't touch it, Kim Taehyung!" I warned him when I saw him trying to touch the glass. "Why not?" He asked. "It's a poison trap." I told him and Taehyung went pale. "What?!" I picked up a ladle I found on the table and walked towards the glass. "Leviathan set it up. In order to conceal the secret of his alchemy and his true identity..." I pressed the ladle on the glass forcefully. "His true identity?" Jimin asked.

Just then, a poison needle came out of the middle of the rose. The thing that killed all the outsiders. "Here it comes." I said as I kept pushing until we all heard a click and the mechanisms started to work making the glass mosaic go up. "What is this?!" Namjoon said. "I found you, Leviathan! Are you chagrined? Fool. I know...your face... behind the mask! How do you like that? Do you admit defeat? Do you..." I tried to reach the mask but my damn height… sigh… I suddenly felt myself being lifted and turned to see Jimin carrying me. With his help, I removed his mask to show everyone who Leviathan really was.

"I know who you are." "He was an African?!" Namjoon muttered. "The identity of the invisible ghost that appeared in the cemetery 50 years ago...was him. A small African boy would not have been visible in the dark. I know. You were the only one who knew where the hidden gold was. You used the gold to pretend to work alchemy so you could get close to the king. But why? Because you wanted to protect your motherland. You influenced the king in a bid to save your beloved old home from the colonial rule of another country. And then... You were undone by your own heart. It's all a story from long ago... A dream. A vision." I said and walked away. But dead Leviathan just had to fall on me. "Yoongi!" Jimin shouted and the next thing I knew, we were both on the floor near the corpse. "Are you okay?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah." Jimin answered him. "Farewell, dark monster." I whispered.

Leviathan's POV

The arrows are killing me. I had to keep all of the gold and my secrets hidden from someone. I walked till my back hit the pile of gold and waited of the glass to finish going down. "Is this the end? Leviathan! Where are you?! Come out! I need you! The soldiers! The homunculi!" I could hear Jungkook screaming from the other side. "I was never able to do any of that... Jungkook... If you want power, simply sire a woman... A woman of extraordinary ability... Kim Jungkook..." I talked to him but he wouldn’t hear me. "Leviathan!" That was what I heard before my conscious left the world.

Yoongi's POV

I was standing in front of the tower, holding the book, when I heard someone walk to where I was. "It seems that they've decided to tear it down." Namjoon said. "I see." "How much do you know?" He asked. "I have a wellspring of wisdom." "Father asked Leviathan to create a homunculus army." "But that plan failed. So then he sired me. A Gray Wolf... I'm the same as Leviathan. A tool for the storm... I'm confined to this academy because it is a secret armory." I told him. "But how long will Father keep you here? Unless he's already..." He muttered the last part and walked away.

Jimin's POV

"There you are! Yoongi!" I yelled at him and ran to where he was.  "I was looking for you! Geez, you move faster than I can keep track of! I don't know how much time I've spent looking for you since we first met. It's not my problem if I can't find you one of these days!" I told him "Is that right, Jimin? You won't be able to find me?" He asked me in a not very Yoongi-ish tone, I mean a sad voice. "Can you protect him?" "That gale will surely separate the two of you. However, your hearts will never be apart." I remembered what Bang Sihyuk and Elder Robert said to me. "It's okay. See? I'll always find you, just like this. Come on, let's go." I smiled and held his hand and walked him back to his house. 'You, who have acquired this volume in the future... You, the twin of my soul... Please find me. Save me... From this prison... From this solitude.'