Phase 9.4

Jimin's POV

'She said to dig up the grave, but why?' I thought as we waited for Yoongi's father's guards to finish digging up the grave. "What's this?" One of the man said as they opened the coffin. "The head has been cut off." Namjoon hyung said. "Huh? The hands..." "It appears the body's been treated with preservatives. She died from being stabbed in the chest. I suppose the head was removed after preservative treatment." "Why is only the head rotting?" "Go talk to the caretaker." "The caretaker of the cemetery is the culprit?!" "I'm telling you to ask him who brought the body here!"

"F-Fine!" Namjoon hyung said as he went to search for the caretaker. I looked at Yoongi catching him staring at the broach Nicole had on. I quickly took it from the body and opened to see a piece of paper in it but before I could read it, it got snatched by Yoongi. "Hey, what are you doing?!" The guards asked. "Namandabunamandabunamandabu..." "It's an Oriental spell." Yoongi answered the guards. "It's a prayer!"

Third Person POV

"So this is where you were." Namjoon said after finding Yoongi in the middle of some trees. "The corpse was apparently carried in by well-dressed important-looking gentlemen." "I thought so. Let's return to the theater." "What's this about?" "It's nearly show time."

"Coco! In 1887, Coco Rose came from France to wed the King of Crete, His Majesty Rupert de Gille. This is the tale of her tumultuous life from then until her mysterious death in 1914." Hoseok said to himself. While in the same theater, Jin was trying to find his seat to watch the play after being left behind by Jimin. "I hope he and Yoongi are all right..."

"You're going to explain it here?" "I'll put it in words while watching the performance from this box seat. Isn't that why I was invited? Now... The curtain is rising." The music started and the curtains were lifted, revealing an actress dressed up as Coco Rose standing in the middle of the stage.

"Tomorrow, I go to Crete to be wed. I wonder if His Majesty will love me?"
"Whatever is the matter?"
"I'm so anxious that I can't sleep."
"Oh, dear!"

"Jimin. Do you remember the case of Leviathan?" Yoongi asked him. "Of course." Jimin answered. "I'm about to reveal...one more story that wasn't set down in that memoir." "One more?" Jimin asked.

Queen Coco was a reserved, gentle lady. She traveled with her maid to a faraway country. She was lonely and helpless... But His Majesty, King Rupert, showered Queen Coco with lots of love.
"Rupert has accepted me as I am... And for you, I... I also..."
There he is! Leviathan the Alchemist! An actor dressed as the alchemist came out as people yelled negative comments at his character.

The foul villain who tempted His Majesty and tried to pull apart the loving couple!

Jimin's POV

"In the memoir, it said that the Queen called for Leviathan." "History isn't always the truth." Yoongi said.

But their love wasn't vanquished! The alchemist soon got caught in an arrow attack and was pronounced dead, just like we had known when we solved his mystery. After Leviathan got his comeuppance and it looked like she could become happy at last... The following year, she gave birth. However, it was a difficult delivery, and the baby died right afterwards.

"Now." "What's now?" "This was when the Queen died." "The stillbirth was in 1900. She was murdered in 1914. My my, you can't afford to be making careless mistakes, my little brother." Namjoon said. "Silence, Pointy Head." "Excuse me?!" "This is where the story splits. The false tale that you people and the citizens of Crete know well...and the story that is the hidden truth." Yoongi explained.

"A lie and the truth?" "At this point, Coco had already been murdered. It was probably a crime committed on an impulse. However, the murder was covered up. And then... A search for someone who resembled the Queen began." "Resembled the Queen? The secretary recruitment! The requirements were blond hair and blue eyes... Just like the Queen!" "That's right. The missing Nicole Lulu was remade into a stand-in for the dead Coco Rose."

"It's so refreshing here!" The second actress came out in a different outfit to continue the story. At the country house, Queen Coco became a changed person, with a cheerful, outgoing personality. Palace life just didn't suit her.

"Naturally, since that was a different person. There were even rumors that she used the power of a magic stone to sneak into the city. That sprung from Nicole's actions, no doubt. To the people who knew the real Coco, it was like magic. And to the people who knew Nicole, it seemed like she'd become the lover of a noble. Then, in 1914..."

Her hour of destiny came at last. An emissary from France came to visit the Queen... "The palace...? I can meet His Majesty!" The actress said happily.

"Needless to say, the charade would be exposed if an old acquaintance of Coco Rose met the Queen." Just after Yoongi said that. The scene quickly changed to where the king was waiting for Coco, and just then… a heavy metal like object fell down, portraying the image of how the queen had died.

"What's being portrayed on this stage actually happened. The second queen, Nicole Lulu, was decapitated. What appeared in the country house...was the head of the real Coco Rose, which had been preserved and saved just in case. However, it would become clear that the head was not fresh if closely examined. And so... Nicole's severed head was placed inside Nicole's grave, where Coco's body had already been laid to rest. And enshrined in Queen Coco's grave are Nicole's corpse and Coco's charred head. This is the truth of the murder of Coco Rose." Yoongi finished explaining just in the as the curtains came down.

"So who is the murderer?! How was Nicole's severed head transported outside?!" The guards asked Yoongi. "Even I don't know that." "Wha...?! Balderdash! There's nothing the Gray Wolf can't understand!" "There aren't enough fragments. Too much time has passed." Yoongi answered them. "I'll ask Father—the Marquis—for his judgment. You two, stay here." Namjoon commanded the guards.

Hoseok's POV

"I'm so glad I came." I said loudly as I made my way home. "There you are!" I saw Jin hyung running to me and grabbed me from my collar. "Jin Hyung, why are you here?" "As for you, why didn't you invite me?!" He asked. "You're here anyway!" "That's not the point! Didn't you come here by motorbike? I came here in a suitcase! A suitcase!" He complained. "Huh? A suitcase?" "You traitor!"

Jimin's POV

"So there are mysteries that even you can't solve." I said as we were left with the guards. Yoongi didn’t say anything, he just kicked me right in the leg. "Ouch! What was that for?!" I yelled grabbing on my newly-just-got-kicked-leg to ease the pain when we heard someone fell down. We both turned around to see a man, the man who gave Hoseok hyung the ticket to be exact, waiting outside of the room where we were in.