Phase 10.2

Third Person's POV

"The white king is protected by the knight and moves towards a prolonged victory. However, ash falls on the black rook. And the chessboard begins to change. White stumbles here, despite having been overwhelmingly dominant. A bad bishop had appeared without their noticing it. The chessboard speaks. The quarrel over the miniature garden has finished. The stage of the next game is..." Yoongi as he moved the chess pieces by himself in the room he was locked in.

The Beginning of Spring, 1925

"It seems that Germany has begun to make inroads into Poland. But thanks to the efforts of Jupiter Roger, the head of the Science Academy, Crete's gaze remains focused on the love for its dear citizens. Our country shall not become involved in war. Place lanterns of peace in all windows!" The King announced to the citizens. "Roger's efforts were indeed impressive. But it's truly unfortunate. If only his actions were in this country's best interests...and not for his own personal desire." Jungkook said to the king. "Kim, what are you—" "Have you heard of the Kingdom of Minoan, Your Majesty?" "Minoan?" the king asked. "Minoan, he said?!" "He's talking about those filthy Gray Wolves…" The citizens complained.

"Heraklion, fearing the brilliant minds of the Gray Wolves of Minoan, erased all traces of their history. Even now, the wolves despise Crete. And one of their customs is keeping what's called a 'memento box'. This is proof of a certain man's life." Jungkook said as he showed the king and everyone the box he was holding. "He was born in the village of the Gray Wolves, a descendant of the kingdom of Minoan. Isn't that right? Owner of this memento box… Jupiter Roger?" Jungkook asked Roger who was looking shocked and terrified.

"He hid his own filthy identity and sneaked into this palace. Then he deceived the former king and became president of the prestigious Science Academy. This was all a plan to seize Crete and re-establish the Kingdom of Minoan. This belongs to Jupiter Roger, who had falsified his identity to the previous king. It's an oath. Peace? Don't be ridiculous. This war will radically alter the structure of the world. If Crete doesn't join the battle, the strength of this nation will surely plummet. That is what Roger anticipates!" "Roger, is it true? Answer, Roger!" The King exclaimed. "Your Majesty, I…" Roger stomped his foot and all the lights went out, making it the perfect opportunity for him to escape. "The traitor escaped!" "So he really is a wolf…" the king said, still in shock. "I'll send out a search party immediately." One of Jungkook's guards told him. "No need. All that awaits a defanged wolf is death by starvation." Jungkook said.

While everyone was shocked at what had happened in the palace, the outside world was in panic. Airplanes flying over the city of Heraklion in midday, the vehicles from the army driving quickly through the city, the citizens panicking and running around, nearly getting hit buy the trucks, a kid got separated from his mother but luckily a woman and her guard like man got hold of the kid. "You mustn't let go of that hand. If you let go...your soul goes with it." She said to the mother. "Eunsong, I'll…I'll protect you, Eunsong." Bang said. "The one I must protect is Yoongi." Eunsong said. "The wolf cub is imprisoned in the royal palace's dungeon. We can't get to him." "There's no way I can abandon him to that fate. He is my soul. I'm sure the opportunity will come." Eunsong replied him.

Back at the academy, Taehyung was the only student present in Hoseok's class. "I see. So you're returning to England too, Taehyung…" "Yes…" Taehyung answered. "All right! Let's make our last class a lively one!" Hoseok said as he quickly walked to the blackboard and wrote a random question on it. "There! Anyone who knows the answer, raise your hand!" He said while turning to the class. "No one? Very well, I'll call on someone. You! Taehyung!"

Taehyung's POV

After my last class, I went back to the empty dorms to pick up my suitcase to go back to England. I said my farewells to everyone and headed to the train station to see a crowd of people with bunny masks. "Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster! Charming Monster!" the bunny mask people shouted. "Charming Monster, eh? The Ministry of the Occult seems to have gotten their hands on her. So that's why these guys are so worked up." Some people in front of me were saying. "Sirs! Please take shelter here for now!" the station conductor told everyone who was waiting for the train on the platform. "Sheesh, what a nuisance." Jimin... Yoongi… I hope they are alright, wherever they are…

Namjoon's POV

"I'm here today on behalf of the Ministry of the Occult to ask for police assistance, Superintendent General Sejin." I said to Sejin hyung sitting in front of me. "So you're now simply a minion of the Ministry of the Occult, Namjoon?" General Sejin asked. "Namjoon!" "Yoonji…" "I heard you sent that boy back to his home country! Why did you deceive me?! You weren't the type to do this… Namjoon!" Yoonji complained. 'I executed my father's orders. That's my duty, as his heir and eldest son. And yet…' I got lost in my own thoughts as I got on the car back to the station.

Third Person POV

"Who is it?" the king asked as he lifted his head of the table. Still trying to absorb everything that had happened in the past days. "Oh, Kim, it's you." He said as he saw Jungkook walking into his office. "I've informed the envoy from Germany that we will fight together as allies. At long last, Crete will stand up on the world's stage." "The world, eh? People are crying. Our kingdom stands on top of their grief. Shall I pitch innocent people into a sea of grief? Shall I cause tears of blood to flow? With these hands?" The king questioned. "What are you talking about? You're someone who killed his own love out of impetuous jealousy and pride." Jungkook said as he reminded the king about his own crime. "Your blood-soaked hands will never be cleansed. But neither do you have anything to fear if you stain them further in blood. This time, however, it won't be for the sake of your dark desires. It will all be for the sake of righteousness." Jungkook said. "You're right. I've killed love!" "You've killed love." Jungkook said and smirked, knowing that he had fully gained the King's trust and left the office after.

"At present, all troops are gathering and regrouping in Heraklion. More than 80% of the aristocracy agrees with you, Marquis de Kim." One of the person following Jungkook said. "What's that?" He asked as he looked out of the windows. "Volunteer soldiers. Citizens who worship the Charming Monster wasted no time in gathering at the royal palace. You should remove his heart as soon as possible…" "I will capture the beautiful monster alive. That is synonymous with acquiring his power. Believing in Crete's victory, the commoners have become belligerent. Right now, the entire country has become servants of the Ministry of the Occult. I'll have the Charming Monster do one more job for me." Jungkook said.

Yoongi's POV

I forgot how many hours, days I have been trapped in here and all I have here is a chess board which I had been playing it by myself for the past days. "The queen moves to the east. But the black knight…" I said out loud before I heard the door opening and closing. "Charming Monster. We have allied ourselves with Germany. Now, what do we do next? What of the world? What of Crete? The course of the war is on that chessboard. So, divine!" Jungkook said as he walked closer to where I am. "How irksome of you to come in without so much as a proper greeting." "I've prepared all these books for you, wench. This place is no different from that library tower you called your home." "Yes, I did indeed tell you. To fill this place with books. Wisdoms of the past told me everything. Including your scheme." "What?"

"Leviathan's memoir told me. It seems you were finally able to create the homunculi you've been yearning for all these years.
As a young man, you idolized Leviathan the Alchemist and nurtured the dream of creating a homunculus. However, Leviathan's alchemy employed tricks. Confronted with the truth nobody else realized, you were deeply hurt. You thought, 'does the occult really hold no power?' But you didn't give up. Led by Leviathan's lies, you expended a huge amount of this country's gold and soldiers. And thus, you concluded something. The occult could be used to manipulate the public."

"Witch! That's enough slander!" Some lowly guard interrupted me but Jungkook made him shut up and I continued. "You would bring forth puppets obeying your every command. Just like how Leviathan once led you by the nose. They would be your homunculi. And right now, those homunculi are gathered before you, as 'pawns'. Certainly, you believe in the power of the occult more than anyone. The power of its fakery to always fascinate. How perceptive of you." "Already, this country has begun acting by my will. The Science Academy has been banished, Rupert has become my pawn, and the whole country is overflowing with homunculi.
And you're one of them, Gray Wolf." Jungkook said as he came closer and grabbed my neck with his hands and bit my ear causing it to bleed. "It tastes like my blood.
You, too, are a homunculus I created.
You belong to me.
Your blood... your meat...
And your 'wellspring of wisdom' too...
Everything about you exists for my benefit." He said and left the room, leaving me alone again."
Like the library tower, there is a lot of books and knowledge here.
But…
You're not here.

-------------------------
Sorry it took soo long 😭but here's a small spoiler 😋