Phase 3.3

Jimin's POV

Ambrose looked frightened when Yoongi told his destination but he still guided us anyway. "This way." Ambrose showed us the way. "I see." Yoongi said. "I'll take my leave." Ambrose told us as he quickly went the opposite way. "Huh? You're leaving?" I asked him but he was already out of our sight. "Well, he didn't mind taking us anywhere until he found out it was this place." Yoongi opened the door to a very old house and nearly everything in the house was destroyed. I looked to see Yoongi trying to take out one of the floor tiles. "Yoongi?" "Help me with this." "S-Sure." I went over and helped him open the wood trap door. "What's this?! But nothing's insi-" there was only a half open box with a white paper in it. Yoongi took the paper out and looked at it closely. "Wrong." He dusted off the paper to reveal a photo. "That photo..." "Eunsong?" "And me, when I was a baby."

"But Eunsong was exiled from here when she was 15, right?" "Somebody came here. They made off with something that was left here. In its stead, they left behind a photograph of Eunsong as an adult. Where is this Chaos heading?" we left the house to head towards a graveyard. In this thick mist... in a graveyard... no just no.... but I got no choice Yoongi was already standing in front of a gravestone. "Theodore... This is the grave of the former village chief, isn't it?" Yoongi sat in front of the grave and started digging. "Huh? You can't do that, Yoongi! The gods will curse you for desecrating a grave..." He stopped when he saw a writing. "'I am innocent. E...' Eunsong?" and that was when Yoongi broke down. "Eunsong is the one who wrote this! I knew it, my mother was exiled from this village for a crime she didn't commit!" wait something is not right. I was hearing something. I looked around and I saw green eyes floating in the mist. And that wasn't only one pair... There were a lot of eyes. "In that case... Where could the real criminal be?!" Yoongi was still on the ground crying.

"Yoongi!" I called him. "Jimin?" Yup he noticed the eyes too. I took his hand and helped him stand. "Run!" "Jimin?!" This isn't laughter. Those things are...just like Yoongi's eyes... we ran till we reached the house and closed the door shut. "Thank goodness for this place." I looked outside of the window and saw wolves. Four wolves with green eyes. "Wolves...?" Yoongi asked me. "What's wrong?" we heard the group of man talking upstairs. We went up the stairs and saw Alan, Nat and Dan playing poker.
"Oh! What happened with the telephone?" They asked as they turned towards us. "Tch... It's just the kids." "What's wrong?" a woman asked us "A-Anna..." Anna was no longer in her nun clothes and was wearing casual clothing and drank wine as she went into the room. "Telephone? Does that mean this place has electricity?" Yoongi asked. "Oh yeah! The elder said they're self-sufficient here." I said. "Yeah. I thought something was off, so I asked that weird maid. They apparently have a sponsor." Anna said.

"A sponsor?" "Yeah. What was his name again? Bang... Ah yes. Bang Sihyuk." "Bang... Sihyuk..." "Apparently, he's the descendant of someone who left the village to live in the outside world. He apparently provided capital to the village around 10 years ago. "Anna Continued. "10 years ago... I see." Yoongi mumbled. "I'm sick of cards already." We heard Nat say. "Let's check out the church." He told us." But there were wolves outside..." "Wolves? Big deal! That creepy old man will drive them away, remember? Come on, let's go!"

Both I and Yoongi didn't go to the church and instead we met up in Yoongi's room. "It's all tangled again. My mind boggles at how many strings and frills there are on this thing. Hey, Yoongi..." I looked at him and he seem like he was in a deep thought and was playing with his necklace. "Bang Sihyuk came to this village 10 years ago... What was his purpose in coming?" "Purpose? Well, we know he installed electricity in the village, right?" "You know, come to think of it, the World War also began around 10 years ago. Don't you think it's a little much to be setting up electricity deep in the mountains at the time? Besides... 10 years ago also coincides with the time frame in which that photo was taken."

We were interrupted by someone knocking on the door. "Y-Yes?" I opened the door to see the weird maid... sorry Harminia standing in front of the door carrying a bucket. "I brought the hot water for your bath. Please cool it with some cold water before you use it." She said as she left the bucket in the bathroom and left the room. "I can take a bath?!" Yoongi asked looking very happy. "Yoongi, call me if anything happens, okay? I'll be right out here." I yelled to Yoongi since he was in the bathroom. I was sitting outside the door when I heard Yoongi screaming something. "Yoongi?!" "Oh, I looooove taking a bath!" Oh, he's just singing... "It makes me feel nice and warm!" Looks like Yoongi's back to his usual self. I'll take a little breather too. I went to the desk to get myself a cup of water when I noticed there was something floating in the water and there was a black out.

"Wha...?! W-What is this?! Hey, Yoongi! Are you all right?!" I asked Yoongi. He's not answering... "Yoongi!" I yelled and the lights came back on. Just then, Yoongi walked out if the bathroom. "What's the matter, Jimin? You're making a racket." I let go of the cup I was holding and I noticed what the thing floating in the water was, an eye ball. EWW and scary. "Yoongi..." he looked carefully at the eye. "This... Somebody's trying to scare me into leaving the village." "Let's go home!" Call me a scaredy-cat but I don't want to stay here any second longer. "I don't feel good about this village. It's dangerous!" "I'm not going home." "Yoongi!" "You'll protect me, won't you?" "O-Of course!" "Then I have nothing to worry about." He said and he prepared to go to sleep. Sigh..."

The next morning, we woke up early and went to the center of the village. There were already many people preparing for the festival. After some time, the festival started with the loud sound of fire crackers. There were parades and music and it was lively, unlike yesterday. "Wow... They're red turnips." "These floats belong to the Winter Army." Ambrose said. "Winter Army?" "Yes. Men of the village stage a dramatic battle scene between the Summer Army and Winter Army. The Summer Army defeats the general of the Winter Army, the Winter Man, and sets fire to these floats." He explained. "I see..."

"If you're going to mock this village, then leave!" we heard a woman yell. We all turned to that direction to see Harminia arguing with Alan and his friends. "How pathetic! What a gloomy village for believing in all that superstitious nonsense! Right?" Alan said "Enough! What if they drive us out right now?" Nat tried to calm him down "M-My apologies! No matter where he goes, he's always looking for a fight!" Dan apologized to Harminia "Let's go back to our room, okay?" Dan told his friends as they went back.