Phase 5

Namjoon's POV

"It seems the Gray Wolf has been prowling around the fields a lot these days." Father told me through the phone. "I-I take responsibility for that, Father! But I'm simply trying to protect the honor of the Kim family..." "'Ye are the salt of the earth.'" "Huh?" "'If the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?' Keep your eyes on your brother. That is all I require of you." That’s all father said before he hung up. "So I'm nothing but a paper tiger with a good reputation..." I put down the phone and looked at the newspaper in front of me and stared at the photo of Yoonji together with General Sejin. "Yoonji..."

Third Person POV

It was a sunny afternoon when Yoonji and her assistant were going to pay a visit to the Bismuth Royal Academy but were side tracked by the food vendors in the small town. "It's delicious!" Yoonji told her assistant, Holly. "Isn't it? By the way, sir, is there a place around here where we can hire a carriage?" Holly asked the store owner but Yoonji had already ran towards a moving carriage. "I need a ride!" Yoonji yelled to the driver. "Wha— Madame!" Holly ran to where Yoonji was but bumped into a man making their belongings fall. "I beg your pardon, sir!" Holly quickly got back up and took the case in front of her and ran to catch the carriage, not noticing that the man she bumped into had a similar one as well.

Jimin's POV

"There's a visitor to the library?" I asked Hoseok ssaem as we walked to where the visitor was. "That's right. She came to donate volumes from her own private library, but insisted on taking a tour of ours while she's here. Thank you for your patience, Madame Kim. He'll show you around." "Yoonji-ssi?" "Oh, it's you! I see! You're a student here! Gamsahamnida!" Yoonji-ssi said while squishing my face. "Pleaseee!" "Jimin, you know her?" Hoseok-ssaem asked me. "Y-Yes. We've met..."

*Flashback to the day after Talos incident*

"Yoonji? I see, you met her in Heraklion." Yoongi said. "Yeah. What's her relationship with Inspector Kim?" "Namjoon has been in love with her ever since they were children." "I-In love?" "Of course, she doesn't know a thing about it. Incidentally, she's the reason why Namjoon's hairstyle is like that." "Come to think of it, the inspector told me that was the price of having you solve some case." "Yoonji was involved in it."

*Back to Real time*

So she's Inspector Kim'... "Oh my! That looks like a snake!" "How amusing! It certainly is!" I heard Yoonji-ssi and Holly-ssi talking about the strange red hedge in the school compound. S-She's a bit odd...

"Tell me, how is Namjoon these days? I intend to pay him a surprise visit after this!" Yoonji-ssi said. "Oh, really?" "I don't like the man very much. He strikes me as arrogant, and he has a sharp tongue..." Holly-ssi said. "Oh? He wasn't like that back then. He won't tell me why he has that hairstyle no matter how many times I ask him. But Namjoon is a renowned police inspector now. I'm proud to be his friend." I see, she doesn't know anything about the truth. "What a beautiful garden. Maybe I'll plant those flowers in our garden too." It's not my place to tell her either. Who would believe that the actual great detective is up there?

Yoongi's POV

I was disturbed by the sound of the library door opening. "Hmm? Was that Jimin? Honestly, that man does nothing but disturb my peace..." "It's incredible! Yoo-hoo!" HUH "Yes!" "Excuse me, Madame. If we don't hurry, there won't be time to visit the police station afterwards..." "That won't do. Still, it's rare to be able to come to a famous place like this." I heard the lady say. "This library?" I heard a familiar voice… Jimin… "Yes, indeed. According to legend, at the beginning of the 17th century, when this academy was founded, the then-reigning king built a refuge so he could rendezvous with his lover. That place is the botanical garden on the top floor! Ooh! I can't stop myself after all! I'll be right back." "Wait, Madame!"