Phase 3.6

Third Person POV

They all went back home after capturing Harminia at the town square and gathered around in Robert's office. "Robert...You mentioned the time of the crime. You said that the time differed between your own testimony and that of those with you." Yoongi said. "That's right." Robert agreed. "Could that be because the normally reliant grandfather clock didn't chime that night?" Yoongi asked again. "Come to think of it..." Robert said quietly but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. "Why didn't the grandfather clock chime?" Jimin questioned. "Because Harminia was hiding inside it. Inside the grandfather clock where Theodore hid his gold coins." "H... Harminia..." Robert called her but Harminia hid her face in her hands. "But what was her motive?" Jimin asked. "The future..." Harminia finally answered. "The future?" Jimin asked.

"The oracle of the midsummer festival." Yoongi told everyone. "That's right. I never should have heard that future. All because of childish curiosity... I was told that death lay in wait 20 years hence, at age 26. I couldn't accept it. I wanted to live... I wanted to live longer than that... To reverse that hopeless future, I..." Harminia confessed. "T-That was your reason for murdering Elder Theodore?! Ambrose! Cut off this woman's head!" Robert ordered. "Wait a minute! I don't care who..." Namjoon tried to stop but was cut off by Robert. "Harminia is 26 this year. Just as Elder Theodore predicted, she's going to die here. Do it with this!" Elder Robert said as he handed Ambrose a sword.

Ambrose's POV

Harminia was... ...always kind to me. I loved Harminia... And Elder Robert... And this village... But... I looked at Harminia she was struggling to be free but two people were holding her... "Harminia! Run!" I said as I pushed the two man off her. "After her! Criminals are bad luck! Don't let her get away!" Elder Robert ordered the two man. Just then, we heard the sound of glass shattering. We all went outside of the house. Yoongi-ssi pointed towards a direction behind the house "Over there!" and we saw flames. "Bring water!" "The flames are spreading!" "Hurry up and put it out!" we could hear people screaming. "The mansion is on fire!" I said. "Look!" Yoongi-ssi pointed towards the roof. "Harminia started the fire?!" Jimin-ssi added. "Harminia!" I screamed and ran to where she was. "Wait, Ambrose!" I heard Jimin-ssi calling me but I didn’t look back and ran. All the houses were caught in the fire. All of us followed her till we reached the town gate and saw Harminia standing on the other side holding one stick that was already on fire.
"Harminia!"

I called her. "Eunsong's son...You brought misfortune...To this village...To me!" she said to Yoongi and threw the stick onto the bridge. "The bridge! The only road that connects this village to the outside world is..." Harminia... I looked at her. The person who I admired so much was destroying everything I love. "Your hair is unkempt, Ambrose. Even though I'm always telling you to tie it up neatly..." I turned to see Elder Robert behind me. "Elder Robert, we have more pressing concerns! The bridge is..." I told him "We can do fine without a bridge. All we need is this, the kingdom of Minoan. There's no need for us to leave." Elder Robert said. I couldn’t do anything. I was left speechless.

Jimin's POV

"Let's go! The bridge will go down in flames if we do nothing." I told everyone as I looked at the burning bridge and the lunatic woman on the other side. "Yes..." Namjoon agree and we all started to run. "Eunsong's son... Those eyes are the color of sin. Sin... Sin... I'll wipe out that sin!" the psycho woman and ran towards us with the lance she was holding in her other hand and stabbed it in front of me and Yoongi in the middle of the goddamn bridge. "I'll wipe out that sin... Wipe out this entire village... And then...I can live!" she continued. She swing the lance in our direction but luckily I caught it before it could hurt us. "Jimin!" "H-Hey!" I heard Namjoon saying.

"Inspector! I'll protect Yoongi... So hurry up and—" I told them. "Jimin!" The woman pushed me with the lance and ran backwards to get more speed I guess, then she came running back towards me with the lance pointing at me but I dodged it. "I'm going to live...beyond 26! 27! 28! 29! 30...31...32... 33...34...35...36...37...38..." I continued to protect Yoongi and dodged her but I got cuts on my arm. "Jimin!" the next attack made a cut on my leg. Shit it HURTS WOMAN!! I was screaming in my head but I had to protect Yoongi. I needed to be strong.
"39! 40! 41...42...43..." "Jimin!" "44..." "That's enough, Jimin! Don't worry about me! Don't worry about—" Yoongi said from behind me. "I do worry! After we finally patched things up... Being apart again would just be too unbearable!" "What? This isn't the time to bring up something that silly—" "It's not silly! You're my friend. There's nothing silly...about it!"

I charged towards Harminia and tried to push her off the bridge "Jimin!" but she pushed me away. Damn she is strong.  "50...51... 52...53!" she held the sharp point of the lance and was about to stab me. "Jimin!" I heard Yoongi scream, luckily Ambrose stopped her. "54..." "Stop it!" Ambrose yelled. He fought with her and took the weapon out of her hand but Harminia lost her balance and fell of the bridge. "Harminia! Harminia..." we looked down to where she fell but the bridge shaking reminded us that we were still on the burning bridge. "Oh no! Let's hurry!" we ran towards to the safe side. There was too much smoke. I tried to cover my mouth and continued running but my eyes were getting blurry. Thank god Yoongi reached the other side because the last thing I remembered, I feel down with the bridge.

I saw Yoongi running towards me to catch me. Don't, Yoongi... If you panic like that, your precious pendant will..., his pendant broke off and fell before my eyes, you've really got to hold on to...what's important to you... and I blacked out. When I opened my eyes, I wasn’t falling anymore. I looked up to see Yoongi holding on my hand. "What are you doing, Jimin?! Climb up, you idiot!" "Yoongi...? Doesn't your hand hurt? It's all red..." "Shut up! Get a hold of yourself! If you give up here, we'll be apart forever, Jimin! We're going home together. You told me that before! Together...Jimin... This isn't where we're supposed to split up!" I could feel his tears on my face. That's right. This isn't where...we part. Not here... I slowly climbed up the cliff.

Unknown POV

"Can you see it? Your sin went down in flames..." The man said to the woman standing him. They were standing on a higher hill, away from everyone's sight.

Third Person POV

"It looks like the fire is out, huh?" Jimin said as they were on the way back to Horovitz. "They'll probably go back to living the quiet life now." Yoongi replied. "But are you sure about this, Ambrose?" jimin asked Ambrose who was sitting across him. "I've always wanted to cross that bridge. Ever since Bang Sihyuk told me about the outside world..." Ambrose said. "Anyway, it was a foolish village. What did the old man call the place? "Minoan"?" Namjoon asked. "Actually...there are many ancient historical accounts that talk about people who were like gods. In those days, forest tribes conquered the lands of Eastern Europe. They had neither height nor physical strength, but because of their exceptional intelligence, they defeated all foreign invaders. However, near the end of the 15th century, they suddenly disappeared from history. Their name was the Minoan. Either way, that was a long time ago. We're living in the moment." Yoongi explained. "In the moment?" Ambrose asked and Yoongi nodded back at him. "I see... In that case, I can live on. I...I'll live...in the moment." Ambrose said as he looked down at his burnt and injured hands then outside of the window.

Jimin's POV

By dawn, we reached the train station. "You may never be let out again. Not after causing this uproar." I heard Namjoon warning Yoongi. "Even so, I'm satisfied. I proved that Eunsong was innocent. A son must protect his mother's honor." Yoongi told him back. "Oh, that's right. I thought it was strange, but... When the village elder spoke as the oracle, why did you two ask him the same question?" Ambrose asked me. Huh? I turned towards Yoongi and I finally understood. I see... Then that was... He didn't ask whether he would get taller or not...but whether we... "What?! You've been staring at me for a while now." Yoongi said. "Uh, nothing..." we heard the train coming. "Oh, here it comes." Namjoon said as he stood up. I held up my hand towards Yoongi "Let's go, Yoongi." "Yes... Let's go home. Back to... our usual place..."